Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a Polaris guy for years, but have loved the Talon since it was introduced - great looks, Honda’s “bullet proof” reputation and something other than a CVT. Anyway, I came across a 2019 1000R with just under 3,000 miles on it. I would most likely not be interested in a Polaris with this many miles, but was wondering if the mileage would be reason to steer clear of this one. Or, what would be some things to focus on if I take a look at it?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Talon R LV
112 Posts
I've got 3400 miles on mine currently and no issues. Check left front axle seal for leakage? I had seepage on mine and just kept the fill portion just below the threads and all I get is a bit residual on occasions. If I was headed out for a purchase today I wouldnt let 3000 miles on a Honda scare me. I would look at the owner and the machine and let your gut tell you what to do.. If he has suicidal tendencies tattooed on his for head I would walk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got 3400 miles on mine currently and no issues. Check left front axle seal for leakage? I had seepage on mine and just kept the fill portion just below the threads and all I get is a bit residual on occasions. If I was headed out for a purchase today I wouldnt let 3000 miles on a Honda scare me. I would look at the owner and the machine and let your gut tell you what to do.. If he has suicidal tendencies tattooed on his for head I would walk
Thanks for the feedback Phantom Driver. Always....trust the gut!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been a Polaris guy for years, but have loved the Talon since it was introduced - great looks, Honda’s “bullet proof” reputation and something other than a CVT. Anyway, I came across a 2019 1000R with just under 3,000 miles on it. I would most likely not be interested in a Polaris with this many miles, but was wondering if the mileage would be reason to steer clear of this one. Or, what would be some things to focus on if I take a look at it?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
honda pioneer sold with 13500 miles on it honda talon has 12000 on it great units

1 - 4 of 4 Posts