Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a light bar for my Talon, but want to upgrade the stock headlights as well. Has anyone found higher powered headlight replacements yet?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon R
20 Posts
Baja designs squadron sport kit. But I’m currently having some issues with the fuse for the headlight switch blowing and I can’t figure out why.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have to install a relay for lights that have more power than the stock ones

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon R
20 Posts
Yea that’s what it’s looking like but according to their specs on the lights I shouldn’t. They have actually been really helpful in sorting it out. The problem is I travel a lot for work so I’m only able to get time here and there to work on it. We originally thought the harness had a short in it. So they overnighted a new harness. It uses the oem harness right up to the back of the factory headlight connection. I installed it and it works with the key on but the machine not running. As soon as I started it, it blew the 10A fuse. So I put a voltmeter in the fuse box and across the fuse terminals it reads 12.75A with the machine running and 9.75A with the key on but the machine off. So I think the lights are just drawing more amperage than they are supposed to. I will probably end up with a relay spliced into that factory wiring like you said. But Baja Designs has been incredible to deal with and because of their excellent service I’ll look to use them again in the future.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts