Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy judging interest in gull wing style upper hard doors for talon i have made a set for mine. They have gas struts and some metal framing for strength. Can be removed in about 1 minute with 2 pins and small screwdriver to pop struts off ball studs mounted to cage. Still trying different weather striping to use but, Still in R and D on them and will include better pictures once I figure out my patent applications.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Very interesting, would it be hard to make them fold up a bit higher, say about a 45 degree angle to the top? Then a person would not crack their head on the door when getting out?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No could be adjusted, built by short guy clears my head but only prototype if i manufacturer them will have more range of motion i used what shocks i had laying around will post more pictures this weekend taking out to see how durable they are

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great Idea may prove to be most helpful for dust. How about trailing at highway speeds will they hold up and not fly open?
Hate to see it take wings and fly away.. Lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Idea may prove to be most helpful for dust. How about trailing at highway speeds will they hold up and not fly open?
Hate to see it take wings and fly away.. Lol
Was out in 34 degree sleet and heavy rain running 55 down road my latches held just fine and i was warm and riding around in light jacket i ran tank of gas thru it playing, Was in some tight trails sticks and tree limbs boncing off them held up just fine im not afraid to put it thru its paces with them on anywhere way better than that fabric crap honda passes off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, looks cool. Any way to have the frame follow the lines of the window opening, or even better have it open with the door?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, looks cool. Any way to have the frame follow the lines of the window opening, or even better have it open with the door?
If they open with door they would never seal good enough to keep out water. If metal frame follows windows opening would have to add second gas strut if your worried about blocking veiws look at the garbage honda sells for upper doors mine are far less intrusive only have a 3/8 rod rear part of rod is in the bend of glass where thier is already distortion

·
Registered
8 Posts
If they open with door they would never seal good enough to keep out water. If metal frame follows windows opening would have to add second gas strut if your worried about blocking veiws look at the garbage honda sells for upper doors mine are far less intrusive only have a 3/8 rod rear part of rod is in the bend of glass where thier is already distortion
Thanks, your prototype looks like a winner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts