Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a lock to put on the Talon glove box? I know it’s plastic and would easily be pried open but the lock might keep the honest people honest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone found a lock to put on the Talon glove box? I know it’s plastic and would easily be pried open but the lock might keep the honest people honest.
I've seen several aftermarket products available online for locking boxes that should fit between the seats and possibly double as an arm rest perhaps. I'm on the same page you are though. It'd be nice if the water tight glove box had a locking/keyed knob just to have pierce of mind and be able to keep certain items in it. I haven't begun researching this avenue yet but, I'll post when I do as I'm certainly interested. In the meantime, I'm sure we can all agree to find a way to keep the dishonest ones out and help discourage or persuade them otherwise! ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know what you find. Looking for a locking box to keep,a pistol in. Got the Dragonfire quick release leather wrapped steering wheel today. That will keep anyone from steeling my Talon, even if I leave the key in it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what about buying that under hood box that other have mentioned. No one will ever know you have. No one is going to pull the hood off to look. Could probably find locking turn locks for hood if concerned

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what about buying that under hood box that other have mentioned. No one will ever know you have. No one is going to pull the hood off to look. Could probably find locking turn locks for hood if concerned
I already put a box under there for tools. I’m looking for something to put in the main seating area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It will block my beer holder though
Have you looked at any options available on Amazon for automotive style safes? Might be able to attach one beneath the seat (above the electronic modules) and they look relatively inexpensive. Can't be blocking no beer holders for sure... need them for when we wait on all them off brand guys to change their belts out! ??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you looked at any options available on Amazon for automotive style safes? Might be able to attach one beneath the seat (above the electronic modules) and they look relatively inexpensive. Can't be blocking no beer holders for sure... need them for when we wait on all them off brand guys to change their belts out! ??
Yeah, I already put a first aid kit under the seat. Been looking at the gun safes for pistols, but will take up too much leg room. Still lookin!

·
Registered
226 Posts
The other option is put the pistol in your clothes. I like 5-11 pants and shirts for all of the pockets(some hidden) with Velcro closures. You could carry a pistol in the cargo pocket on the pants or in a secret pocket on the shirt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts