Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good health, dear owners of Honda equipment!
Yesterday I watched this car, 2019 from the auction, mileage of 500 miles and 60 hours. I really liked it, I want to buy it. I am waiting for the seller to prepare the documents. And I will go to pick up 2000 miles away.
On inspection, I found that the rear drive shafts crunch when turning - they need to be replaced. I think I can handle it myself.
And tell me more, should the box switch with small jerks or should it switch very smoothly?
Another question is how to independently diagnose?I read that you can read mistakes with a paper clip.
P.S.: I am a fan of the Honda brand - I have a Honda Pilot in my possession, and I am also fond of American cars - I have a Pontiac Firebird of 1993.
I will be grateful for advice and help.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard. I have always wondered what UTV and Side by Side machines are available in your country!
thank you for the warm welcome! our main choice of UTV is BRP, Polaris and CF moto. Yamaha is represented by a Viking and a Valvarin, Honda and Kawasaki are not sold at all.

·
Registered
166 Posts
From the picture you posted above, it looks like the talons front suspension is lifted way up. I'm surprised the front axles aren't grinding too. It looks like the front a arms have no downward travel left.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the picture you posted above, it looks like the talons front suspension is lifted way up. I'm surprised the front axles aren't grinding too. It looks like the front a arms have no downward travel left.
You absolutely correctly noticed that the front suspension is raised as much as possible. I think that is not correct. When I buy it, I will definitely adjust the amortizers, otherwise it will be necessary to carry it on a car carrier, and it may not fit on the platform. During the trial trip, I did not hear any extraneous sounds. the front suspension works in more difficult and severe conditions, and it can be expected that at such angles of operation there will be a failure.
If the length of the drives (hinges of equal angular velocities) is the same for the left and right, then replacing them with places will prolong their life.
Can you tell me the size of the key for adjusting the amortizers? or a photo. does the key fit from BRP?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now everyone is joining groups in WhatsApp, Viber and telegram - is there such a group according to our typewriters? Is it possible to add me there or throw me a link? My phone number is 79634501766, Maksim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in addition, the role of a 31-inch wheel played its part in the failure of the rear drives. after reading the topics on the forum and people's reviews, I think that you need no more than 30 inches. well, we need more evil rubber for our roads and swamps:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome Maksim, are you on Facebook (do they have Facebook in Russia?)
There are lots of groups in Face book if you check with a lot of different information on all subjects, I personally have not had to change my Axels or drivetrain yet but it looks pretty straight forward. Also look on YouTube there are lots of different videos that may help you.
Good luck and have fun!👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good afternoon, dear. Thank you for your feedback.
After your question about Facebook, I felt a little sad. After all, the propaganda of our countries works very well, and we are told through the media that everything is bad here – actions, protests, poverty and so on. I doubt it very much J)
But let's not talk about it. Moto and quad take are not engaged in politics – they enjoy riding on their iron horses.

We have all social networks working. I have subscribed to YouTube and Instagram channels on our topic. About Facebook-thanks for the tip, I'll look for groups there. I registered there a long time ago.
Or if it doesn't bother you, throw the necessary links to Facebook. Thank you in advance.
I am more interested in the current scheduled maintenance of our buggy – oil replacement, gearbox adjustment, reading and diagnostics.
I will do everything myself, I have my own small workshop, and now I am doing repairs in it. As an example, I take American garages –I really like how it is done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you very much for the links. I was subscribed to some groups, some groups are new to me. I will go to study new and interesting information for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts