Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many amps the talon’s electrical system puts out? I’m trying to figure out how many amps I can use for accessories. One of my biggest complaints with all SXS is the dust boiling into the cockpit. I am designing a ducted fan system to pull fresh air from the front of the talon, and blow it into the foot well on each side. This way it should create a positive pressure that will keep the dust out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ticster, have you come up with anything for the dust problem? I am thinking about how to collect high pressure air at the top of the window and venting it to the back of the roof toward the cargo area. Or, maybe adding bigger scoops to the roof vents to force more air into the rear to fill the low pressure area behind the car. Perhaps even side wind deflectors on the roll cage to redirect air to the cargo area.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ticster, have you come up with anything for the dust problem? I am thinking about how to collect high pressure air at the top of the window and venting it to the back of the roof toward the cargo area. Or, maybe adding bigger scoops to the roof vents to force more air into the rear to fill the low pressure area behind the car. Perhaps even side wind deflectors on the roll cage to redirect air to the cargo area.
Sorry, I haven’t done anything yet. we no longer have dust in Oregon now, it’s mud, so Immay have to wait till next spring to test anything. Let me know if you find anything that works

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry, I haven’t done anything yet. we no longer have dust in Oregon now, it’s mud, so Immay have to wait till next spring to test anything. Let me know if you find anything that works
Will do. Hey do you have RokBlokz mud flaps? I do and they work great at keeping the mud and water out of your cab.

·
Registered
265 Posts
what brand of fasteners are those mounted for the mud flaps?
Everything comes included with the kit. Check this:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you noticed in front of Passenger there is NO rubber firewall membrane, lets immense dust into the dash area and then into cockpit. I've ordered a part that is in front of driver to double up and flip to be infront of passenger and 4 of those plastic rivets

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you noticed in front of Passenger there is NO rubber firewall membrane, lets immense dust into the dash area and then into cockpit. I've ordered a part that is in front of driver to double up and flip to be infront of passenger and 4 of those plastic rivets
what is the product?

·
Registered
31 Posts
This might help your dust problem also. I mad these out of some 3" aluminum pipe and works great for getting air into the cab area since I have a full front and rear window... 20190728_081944.jpg 20190728_081958.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts