Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New member here from eastern Wisconsin and I've been trying to purchase a Honda Talon 2 seat 1000X Live Valve for over a year now and there just does not seem to be units being delivered to dealers. I've been checking with about a dozen dealers within a 100 mile radius and Honda's "allocations" of ANY Talon models to dealers are slim to none. Are other areas seeing the same thing?

Have a Happy New Year!

· Registered
33 Posts
Storm Lake Honda in Storm Lake Iowa has some coming in according to their website. I have seen on Facebook that they have delivered a lot in the last 6 months. I know of 2 people who have bought from them, and both seemed happy. Might be a little longer drive for you then you want though.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I checked them out on-line (and will certainly call as well) but what I see is that they have 1000R machines in stock. Some dealers around me have them too - even left over 2021s at a discount. The problem is that the 1000R is too wide to be registered for use Wisconsin state trails. I believe that Michigan allows them but Wisconsin does not. It would be nice if Honda built the units that dealers could actually sell. It seems like they don't realize that each state has their own regulations regarding ATV/UTV specifications for state trails and/or roadways.

Dealers I've talked to are frustrated by Hondas allocation system, as am I. It seems that dealers can't really order what they want. Honda TELLS them what they are going to get, if anything, (via the allocation notice) and all the dealer can do is put the customer on a "list" in the hopes that an allocation for that machine come thru. Many requiring a substantial down payment. I was on one of those lists but they could never tell me if a machine was ever going to come. All they could tell me is that Honda has not allocated any this month. I've made Honda customer support aware of the issues. No helpful response from them but I really was not expecting any.

Again, thanks for the replies and if anyone knows of a dealer that has an 1000X Live Valve in stock, please let me know. I bought numerous Honda Powersports products since 1972, starting with an SL-70. Even had a FL350 Odyssey (remember those?) at one time. I really want that Talon as my '79 ATC110 is not quite keeping up with my friend's UTVs but, at 67 years young, I don't know how much longer I can wait!

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
New member here from eastern Wisconsin and I've been trying to purchase a Honda Talon 2 seat 1000X Live Valve for over a year now and there just does not seem to be units being delivered to dealers. I've been checking with about a dozen dealers within a 100 mile radius and Honda's "allocations" of ANY Talon models to dealers are slim to none. Are other areas seeing the same thing?

Have a Happy New Year!
Check out Marquette Powersports in Michigan. That’s where I got mine two years ago. They usually have a large assortment.

· Registered
45 Posts
Hi,

Have a Happy New Year!
I'm in Southern Wisconsin and had to go to Illinois to buy a used one as I couldn't find any new, My dad had to go to Ohio to get a new one. Definitely frustrating for sure looking for a unit, especially when an R model is no good for a Wisconsin resident.

· Registered
91 Posts
Hi,

Have a Happy New Year!
Hello, i have a 2021 adult owned trail ready 10k in extras need to sell 250 mile extended warranty lifetime batteries too much to list asking 30k in Tx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts