Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the side of my talon apart to get ready for the new snorkel I ordered. The old tube off of the air box looks like something from outer space! Why does it have the extra side pods on it? Any clues?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those "pods" are there to reduce intake noise and trust me, they work. I straight piped mine and put a pre-filter on and took it off after 1 outing. It was so load and annoying I could not stand it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder how it will work with a snorkel? The dust sucked from the right rear tire is too much for the air filter, so a lot of people are installing a snorkel to suck clean air from up high.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you have a solid rear window, you don't hear the noise (at least on mine). I bought the Warrior setup and it helped a lot, but filter still got dirty ( it did look better at 500 miles than original setup at 100). I just changed out the top snorkel part to a large air filter with outerwear. I have not road enough to say that will cure all the dirt (but hope it will) but again with solid rear window, mine is not annoying. Might be different if have open shot to riders.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wonder how it will work with a snorkel? The dust sucked from the right rear tire is too much for the air filter, so a lot of people are installing a snorkel to suck clean air from up high.
All those pods are just supports for the pipe. You will be happy you did the snorkel. Just put a filter on the top like Idiot did. Or get a pre filter I run a KWT. I tossed that thing in the trash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts