Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the R front A arms will work on the X? I know longer brake lines and tie rods will be needed, I’m looking to widen out the front end of my X for tire clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Super Atv sell from arms that give u more clearance and more hubs ahead 1.5 inches allow u to run 34 so u can probably get away with 35

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
10 Posts
You would have to change shocks also. That would make it a very expensive conversion.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Does anyone know if the R front A arms will work on the X? I know longer brake lines and tie rods will be needed, I’m looking to widen out the front end of my X for tire clearance.
Why are the original ones damaged? Agree I changed to the SuperATV 1.5 extended arms for the x and am happy with the results.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want the extra width, not necessarily just moving them forward. The sand tire set up I have makes the rear 67” wide and the front 63 1/2” wide. Since the Talon‘s front to rear balance is so crappy that it nose dives all the time, I don’t want to add the additional weight of spacers to the front.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Mine is about 72" that is with the portals and wheel spacers. It is super stable but the width is an issue in some of the places I ride. I went with the width. Spacers are aluminum and minimum weight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did the Super ATV High Clearance Arms, work great, fit my 32 Mongrels without any rubbing. One piece of advice, buy the busing package too. If you reuse the ball joints, it cost about $500 total

·
Registered
18 Posts
you can go up to a 32" tire with the stock A-arms but to go to 34" you have to buy the 1-1/2" forward A arms just widening the front end will not do it I tried with 2" wheel spacer before buying the Forward A-arms

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
98 Posts
you can go up to a 32" tire with the stock A-arms but to go to 34" you have to buy the 1-1/2" forward A arms just widening the front end will not do it I tried with 2" wheel spacer before buying the Forward A-arms
Did the forward A-Arms change your steering geometry at all? How about the turning radius? I have 1 1/2” spacers, run 32’s and they rub on a tight slow full turn. I have been thinking of the forward extended A-Arms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The spacers change the turning radius more than the forward A arms do . I have no spacers on mine (yet) and I have 34" tires and it may rub slightly 1 out of every 90 turns that I make during a nice ride so your 32" tires will never rub with the A arms they also have a new 3" lift bracket now that is way cheaper and mounts to the the Live valve system that would also cure your issues, I have heard that they don't affect the live valve at all because of the way they mount but I don't know for sure and I haven't even considered them on mine because I have the 34" tires I think I'm high enough it hasn't let me down yet. I suggest you check into the 3" bracket lift that's way cheaper and a lot less labor than the A arms and let me know if you do it how well it works for the tire clearance

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
98 Posts
The spacers change the turning radius more than the forward A arms do . I have no spacers on mine (yet) and I have 34" tires and it may rub slightly 1 out of every 90 turns that I make during a nice ride so your 32" tires will never rub with the A arms they also have a new 3" lift bracket now that is way cheaper and mounts to the the Live valve system that would also cure your issues, I have heard that they don't affect the live valve at all because of the way they mount but I don't know for sure and I haven't even considered them on mine because I have the 34" tires I think I'm high enough it hasn't let me down yet. I suggest you check into the 3" bracket lift that's way cheaper and a lot less labor than the A arms and let me know if you do it how well it works for the tire clearance
I will look into it and see. Are the brackets from Super ATV also?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts