Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some guidance on best tablet mount for 10 inch samsung. Can't seem to find much online. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ram mounts. Mine is mounted to the passenger side a pillar and sits just above the passenger grab handle. If you zoom in on the pic you can see it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ram mounts. Mine is mounted to the passenger side a pillar and sits just above the passenger grab handle. If you zoom in on the pic you can see it. View attachment 1781
thanks for the reply could you post a couple of close up pics so i can get a good look inside the machine and how its mounted and where it rests. Thank you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keeps it very secure. Even has a locking mechanism on it so you don't have to remove it if you leave your ride. Clarity is good enough that my co-pilot/wife can yell at me that I'm going the wrong way. Which happens more than I like to admit. I use a 10inch iPad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A 10" tablet is really big. I went with an 8" and mounted it in the only logical location that both the driver and passenger can see without obstructing either view. I considered a 10" but found it's size would have been in the way.

The tablet is in a Supcase case. Held in place with a RAM-HOL-TAB12U mounted with a RAM-B-101U-A.

btw, I'm running Gaiagps for maps as it works everywhere, even in places without marked trails. It offers the use of map layers so you can get achieve the best view of trails/terrain and it automatically syncs between tablet, phone, desktop computer, etc. I also use the tablet as the screen for my backup camera.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A 10" tablet is really big. I went with an 8" and mounted it in the only logical location that both the driver and passenger can see without obstructing either view. I considered a 10" but found it's size would have been in the way.

View attachment 1806

The tablet is in a Supcase case. Held in place with a RAM-HOL-TAB12U mounted with a RAM-B-101U-A.

btw, I'm running Gaiagps for maps as it works everywhere, even in places without marked trails. It offers the use of map layers so you can get achieve the best view of trails/terrain and it automatically syncs between tablet, phone, desktop computer, etc. I also use the tablet as the screen for my backup camera.
Thanks for the reply, Could you post a pic of the mount from the back side so i can get a good look. Merry Christmas. Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put a RAM mount on the passenger side grab bar (close to the dash). Fit there great and my wife can easily use the GPS while I am driving (plus I can see it easily also)

·
Registered
17 Posts

View attachment 1806

·
Registered
44 Posts
what model Ram mount do you have? I want to buy one.
I don't know the model. I built it using the website build your mount function. I think they may vary depending on what type of phone/tablet/iPad your are planning on using.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are you using to have your backup camera show up on your tablet?
The wireless transmitter I use with the camera has an app I installed on the tablet. I had the tablet set up to run two apps for a while. I have since installed the app on an older unused phone and mounted the phone to the roll cage bar above the steering wheel. This allows the tablet to have full screen GPS or run two GPS apps at the same time with one zoomed in and one zoomed out. I also use the tablet for my music source.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts