Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago someone had a post about a suspension guy in St George Ut that did wonders with Talon shocks and springs. I thought I saved it but I can’t find it for the life of me. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon X4 Live Valve
7 Posts
I've never used them, but have heard good things about Fineline Suspension in St George.

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That's the guy. I called and spoke with Tom and he seems like a knowledgeable guy. He mentioned that our Talons will never have as good suspension as an RZR is capable of having but there can be a vast improvement over stock. I have spoken with a couple suspension guys and they all seem to think that Honda missed the mark with the Talons. I guess what you don't know can't hurt you too bad. I love the Talon and so far I have been able to go anywhere anyone else has and I am no expert driver by any means. It would be nice to have a smoother ride. I think when the weather cools down some I will take the old girl down and have the shocks done.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon X4 Live Valve
7 Posts
I am in the St George area, keep us updated with how it turns out. Would be nice to take it to someone local if I decide to do some suspension work.

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I dropped the old girl off at Fineline to do the shocks and springs. He is going to re-valve all the shocks, put new springs on. He said he has done several Talons and knows what I am looking for. Hope he is right.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you. That's the guy. I called and spoke with Tom and he seems like a knowledgeable guy. He mentioned that our Talons will never have as good suspension as an RZR is capable of having but there can be a vast improvement over stock. I have spoken with a couple suspension guys and they all seem to think that Honda missed the mark with the Talons. I guess what you don't know can't hurt you too bad. I love the Talon and so far I have been able to go anywhere anyone else has and I am no expert driver by any means. It would be nice to have a smoother ride. I think when the weather cools down some I will take the old girl down and have the shocks done.
Interesting, I’d say my experience with the RZR1000 was the opposite. I did the springs, revalved put on walker links and it was better than stock especially on whoops. But when I test drove the R at Moab on real trails, it was better than my RZR. Now if you mean with the Dynamix? That’s awesome. I hope live valve is as big an improvement, I want to get that for my R.

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I hope your experience mirrors mine. It is not like i hated the ride or anything, I just wanted a better all around suspension if it was available. I know live valve is the hot set up, we have been using it in drag racing for a long time, but I don't want to add more complicated electronics that can be potentially problematic.

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up the Talon from Fineline last Wed and went to Knolls to try out the new suspension and all I can say what a difference. Tom at Fineline really knows what he is doing. I am very impressed with the results. Keep in mind that I am not an expert on UTV suspension but I am very happy with the results. In fact I might have been overly enthusiastic with the new ride and going faster than I should have been going on a very rocky trail and ripped a hole in one sidewall.

He re-valved all four, put new springs on the front, and top springs on the back keeping the stock Honda bottom springs on the rear. I would highly recommend them. He said the results are guaranteed so if I don't like the ride, bring it back and he will change it. I am a happy camper, except for the tire.... which is all my bad.... LOL..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts