Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about time to do a major suspension upgrade. I see shock Therapy and Wellar racing offer about the same package for about the same price. I'm looking for new springs and shock internals.

Has anyone done this with either company and how do you feels about the results? Was it worth the $1300? And advice?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
127 Posts
You might check with Walker-Evans. I only see Pioneer shocks on their website, but they might have something in development.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used Shock Therapy and highly recommend them.
I have read good reviews for Wellar Racing also but have no experience with them.

I had the new springs and internals done on my Talon and setup for trail riding and comfort.
I took my Talon to them to have the work down, with my Talon be only the second one done for a customer.
The difference was incredible, slow speed was now extremely comfortable and high speed was also a lot better.
Several of my friends have had just the tender springs done by Wellar's and report a better ride.
But when they rode my Talon with springs and internals. They said it was way better than their Wellar tender springs only.
I think you will be very happy with the results from either company on a full spring and internal upgrade...DRK

·
Registered
46 Posts
Shock Therapy did good work on my shocks, but when I got the car back my turn signals didn't work. When trouble shooting I notice they had opened a number of my wire bundles and just left them hanging. They pulled the connector off a wire...I get it but for what they charge! They removed the windshield and did not tighten the mounting bolts. The kicker is they won't call back or respond to emails. THE WORST SERVICE AFTER SALE...SO BEWARE. If I had it to do again I would find a different tuner or go with Elkas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shock Therapy did good work on my shocks, but when I got the car back my turn signals didn't work. When trouble shooting I notice they had opened a number of my wire bundles and just left them hanging. They pulled the connector off a wire...I get it but for what they charge! They removed the windshield and did not tighten the mounting bolts. The kicker is they won't call back or respond to emails. THE WORST SERVICE AFTER SALE...SO BEWARE. If I had it to do again I would find a different tuner or go with Elkas.
Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts