Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to upgrade my springs and possibly my shocks (valving) but it is proving to be harder than I like. The Shock Therapy guys seem to be farther out in front, claiming to be able to announce something early in January, but they are bad at returning phone calls, and every time I talk to them appointments get pushed out another 2 weeks (on the 24th of December it was March 3rd, but they would only make an appointment on the phone and no one would take a call until December 28th, at which point the first appointment was March 16th). Their attitude is pretty arrogant as well. The Weller guys don't have a kit yet, and the guy who is supposedly working on it won't return phone calls.

So...has anyone with a 2021 X Live Value 2 seater upgraded their springs yet? If you have actually replaced them (Love opinions of great suspension companies, but I need to get an actual product, not a hope for the future) who provided them, did they work to soften the ride? I am particularly focused on slower, rocky terrain (Arizona Desert) riding, but also progressive enough that they can handle big hits from dunes if I go there. But most importantly for me right now is the particularly harsh slow speed ride. Any help from actual installs would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
George White is at King Of The Hammers Now. You can try texting him. He does tons of testing. East Coast trials, West Coast trails, Short Course and Cross Country etc. He is the best I have found. Double E Racing • Double E Racing Call him or email him. Great guy. If he does not respond it is because he is in the desert for the next three weeks. Not sure what he has for signal. You will like him. Great honest guy who knows his stuff.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
George White is at King Of The Hammers Now. You can try texting him. He does tons of testing. East Coast trials, West Coast trails, Short Course and Cross Country etc. He is the best I have found. Double E Racing • Double E Racing Call him or email him. Great guy. If he does not respond it is because he is in the desert for the next three weeks. Not sure what he has for signal. You will like him. Great honest guy who knows his stuff.
Thanks, I will reach out to him.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would check with Gary from G-Force Racing and suspension technologies of Johnson City, TN. I believe he has a setup for the live valve. He is the east coast version of shock therapy and did my suspension on my X to perfection. Great guy. Double E Racing does a good job too....

·
Registered
2021 1000 X
38 Posts
I would check with Gary from G-Force Racing and suspension technologies of Johnson City, TN. I believe he has a setup for the live valve. He is the east coast version of shock therapy and did my suspension on my X to perfection. Great guy. Double E Racing does a good job too....
I'm tired of the harsh ride too...been checking out options and costs. G-force quoted me $2200 for 1000X Live Valve 2-seater to include "valving, LV mod, dual rate springs and their special made synthetic oil". Said it would be a dream and wonderful machine after he works his magic. He responded to my email within minutes both times and included his shop/text #'s for follow-up questions (423) 915-6349 or (423) 677-9280. Now, I haven't used him yet and don't know him personally but he did impress me as a great and knowledgable guy for sure. Anyway, I've got to do something other than wait till I put 750 miles on it to see if it does indeed soften.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm tired of the harsh ride too...been checking out options and costs. G-force quoted me $2200 for 1000X Live Valve 2-seater to include "valving, LV mod, dual rate springs and their special made synthetic oil". Said it would be a dream and wonderful machine after he works his magic. He responded to my email within minutes both times and included his shop/text #'s for follow-up questions (423) 915-6349 or (423) 677-9280. Now, I haven't used him yet and don't know him personally but he did impress me as a great and knowledgable guy for sure. Anyway, I've got to do something other than wait till I put 750 miles on it to see if it does indeed soften.
You will not be disappointed with G-Force Racing!! Gary is awesome and it will change your machine completely!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts