Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching winches to find one for my 2019 Honda Talon 1000X. I have already installed the Honda accessory Sub Harness and switch plate. What does SuperATV suggest as an adequate winch for this machine and what would be the best price I could get for a winch system with remote switch and mounting accessories?

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I am using the 5000 lb. wench from SuperATV and it works' very well. Installed it in 2019 and no problems at all. They have an updated version 6000 lbs. and I highly recommend that one. There are lots of other choices but for the price you can not beat them. I have pulled many side-by-sides out a few jeeps and a truck. I have managed to snap several lines but they have replacements.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i just finished installing my last purchases and would like the code again to get the next couple of things. last time i heard from eric. thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am researching winches to find one for my 2019 Honda Talon 1000X. I have already installed the Honda accessory Sub Harness and switch plate. What does SuperATV suggest as an adequate winch for this machine and what would be the best price I could get for a winch system with remote switch and mounting accessories?
I

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used the super atv mount and went to warn 3500 the mount is ok but the fair lead is kind of cheesey it uses a sandwich type mount and the base plate wont stand a downward pull it just bent down at fair lead i also had to drill bumper frame to put a through bolt on each side to hold it better in hind site i should have waited for the warn mount like i have on my 1000k rzr

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I used the super atv mount and went to warn 3500 the mount is ok but the fair lead is kind of cheesey it uses a sandwich type mount and the base plate wont stand a downward pull it just bent down at fair lead i also had to drill bumper frame to put a through bolt on each side to hold it better in hind site i should have waited for the warn mount like i have on my 1000k rzr
Not sure if you run in mud but 3500 lbs. is light for a Tallon even a two seater. When they are in mud the weight of the car plus the suction more than doubles the strain on the winch, cable ... I highly recommend 5 to 6K. If you rock climb bigger is much better as well. My better half has a 3500 lb. Warn and I will be upgrading it -- just not enough for the mud! No worries match the winch to your driving conditions and style and you will be fine. Brands are another matter but SuperATV is the better bank for the buck (in my opinion). :)

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Thanks for serving and I am sorry you missed out on the SuperATV discount, they have always helped me a bit, and today every bit of savings helps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts