Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas!
My name is Erik, and I'm the forum tech here at SuperATV. We're pumped to be here! We got our R and X models last week, and we're already knocking out a few goodies for them. We got the Red R, the Blue X, and we should have the green one here sometime next week or so. Time to beat them up and see what all they can do! Right now the R and X are both up on lifts back in the shop. We're stripping them down and going to work. We have a full and half windshield available, and the flip should be finished up early next week. We're really looking forward to seeing what this thing can do. Hit us up with any ideas or requests you may have for machine and riding style.
Happy Trails,
Erik

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the forum Erik, always glad to see vendors getting on board early. Looks like you guys already have a decent catalogue of accessories for the Talon. How have you guys found the factory wheel setup so far? Ive been seeing from first impression videos that traction can be an issue depending on terrain.

·
Vendor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, I haven't had any seat time yet and can't really comment on the feel. The stock wheel/tire combo is pretty basic. Great for a turn-key trail rider, but leave a lot to be desired in more demanding terrains. Some of the mechanics and engineers were whipping them around hitting jumps and the rock garden when we pulled them off the trailer, but they've been up on lifts since that day. We're expecting a 3rd next week (the green R), and it will be for riding while we're working on products for the R and X. Can't wait! We'll be beating the crap out of it as soon as its in. (Gotta test that roll cage) Lol!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome aboard. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on these machines as you put them through the ringer. Curious to know if Honda has actually improved upon the DCT from the Pioneer. Saw a fair amount of hiccups reported around it.

·
Vendor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on these machines as you put them through the ringer. Curious to know if Honda has actually improved upon the DCT from the Pioneer. Saw a fair amount of hiccups reported around it.

I think a lot of that was addressed and corrected as soon as the Pio 1k issues started popping up. Honda was pretty quick to come up with an upgraded clutch cover to help with oil cooling capabilities, and it seemed to make the issue go away. I'm sure they've expanded that design on in the Talon as its more of a Sport machine anyway. Time will tell at this point. Can't wait to see them out on the trails!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey fellas!
My name is Erik, and I'm the forum tech here at SuperATV. We're pumped to be here! We got our R and X models last week, and we're already knocking out a few goodies for them. We got the Red R, the Blue X, and we should have the green one here sometime next week or so. Time to beat them up and see what all they can do! Right now the R and X are both up on lifts back in the shop. We're stripping them down and going to work. We have a full and half windshield available, and the flip should be finished up early next week. We're really looking forward to seeing what this thing can do. Hit us up with any ideas or requests you may have for machine and riding style.
Happy Trails,
Erik

·
Registered
3 Posts
Erik,
You guys are awesome. I have my flip front and tinted rear window from Super ATV installed fit perfectly.
Are you going to have some flexible mud flaps soon!
Thanks!

·
Vendor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Erik,
You guys are awesome. I have my flip front and tinted rear window from Super ATV installed fit perfectly.
Are you going to have some flexible mud flaps soon!
Thanks!

Hell yeah man! Thanks! Not sure on a timeline for fender flares yet, but I'll definitely pass it along. We've been open to any ideas you guys may have for things you may need or want for the Talon, so this is definitely going on my list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Super ATV Flip front and tinted rear windows. Glad they were available so soon.
Are you guys working on bumpers and brush guards?

·
Vendor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the Super ATV Flip front and tinted rear windows. Glad they were available so soon.
Are you guys working on bumpers and brush guards?

Yes sirreee!! We're going to be knocking out all kinds of goodies!!! Stay tuned...I'll try to post everything as soon as they all get boxed up and ready to add to the website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey fellas!
Happy Trails,
Erik
Interested in tires wheels harnesses windshield mirrors, any advice?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey fellas!
Happy Trails,
Erik
Looking for a winch plate kit for talon x 1000 for a viper elite 6000 rope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts