Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SuperATV Black Ops 5000 lb winch, the free spool knob constantly sticks I have to use a wrench to get to free spool, and often it doesn't disengage, when turn to free spool and I have to give it a tug. Now I hear a grinding sound when I winch in or out. I'm looking for a replacement parts list, or exploded view diagram.
Does anyone have one that they could share or point me in the right direction?
Thanks and have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
335 Posts
I have a SuperATV Black Ops 5000 lb winch, the free spool knob constantly sticks I have to use a wrench to get to free spool, and often it doesn't disengage, when turn to free spool and I have to give it a tug. Now I hear a grinding sound when I winch in or out. I'm looking for a replacement parts list, or exploded view diagram.
Does anyone have one that they could share or point me in the right direction?
Thanks and have a great day!
Hey! Could have a bunch of muck and grit up in the spool or the free spool knob. See if you can spool it out and clean it up a bit, and hopefully that'll do the trick. Feel free to give us a call at 855-743-3427 and talk to one of my guys over the phone too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! Could have a bunch of muck and grit up in the spool or the free spool knob. See if you can spool it out and clean it up a bit, and hopefully that'll do the trick. Feel free to give us a call at 855-743-3427 and talk to one of my guys over the phone too.
Following your direction I spooled it out and tried to winch in, it locked up with about 3 ft of rope outside, would not move in either direction, I can free spool and wind it.
I pulled the end off for the brushes, they looked okay, I put a drill on the motor shaft, the Armature & Housing spun, but the winch wound in easy. When I pulled the house off, I found one of the magnets were destroyed. So I'm back to my original request, for parts list so I can order new magnets, or a motor assembly.
Ingredient Fluid Cuisine Dish Drink

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang. Give us a call at 855-743-3427. Doubt we'll have a rebuild for it, but if its still within a year...its definitely covered under warranty.
Ordered Ordered on August 13, 2019, I still feel this is a MFG defect as magnet became dislocated from case and broke down. However I need a reliable replacement ASAP for an upcoming trip. What Promo codes are you offering at this time, feel free to PM me codes spare motor housing case with magnet part number, return authorization info.
Thanks

Reactions: SuperATV
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.