Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just took our first trip in our new Talon last week. It performed great, and we tested it pretty hard. Not intentionally, but it got tested. While riding in the passenger seat, the hot air coming from under the seat became unbearable. Super-heated air was coming from the sides, bottom, and lumbar area. I had to hold my arms in the air to keep from getting a burn from it. We ended up stuffing 3" foam rubber pieces in all the offending areas so we could continue our rides that week. There is also hot air coming in through a gap between the dash and the glove box which was blowing directly into my eyes. More foam rubber. Anyone heard of this problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
We just took our first trip in our new Talon last week. It performed great, and we tested it pretty hard. Not intentionally, but it got tested. While riding in the passenger seat, the hot air coming from under the seat became unbearable. Super-heated air was coming from the sides, bottom, and lumbar area. I had to hold my arms in the air to keep from getting a burn from it. We ended up stuffing 3" foam rubber pieces in all the offending areas so we could continue our rides that week. There is also hot air coming in through a gap between the dash and the glove box which was blowing directly into my eyes. More foam rubber. Anyone heard of this problem?
Very common problem. Lots of posts dealing with heat issues. One of the biggest areas is the shifter area. Easy fix using a Jeep transfer case shifter boot turned upside down. Try searching Youtube for videos on the problem. Terry H has a few good ones on trying to solve the problem. Also do a search here on this site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That much heat doesn't sound right. Sounds like it should go back to the dealer for inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks, we did just that. The sales people and the service mgr.kept telling me they have never heard that complaint before. That's total BS. The fact that there exists a kit expressly for that problem proves that. They're either lying or are extremely ill-informed. I'm going with the former.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very common problem. Lots of posts dealing with heat issues. One of the biggest areas is the shifter area. Easy fix using a Jeep transfer case shifter boot turned upside down. Try searching Youtube for videos on the problem. Terry H has a few good ones on trying to solve the problem. Also do a search here on this site.
Thank you. Your reply helped a lot

·
Registered
2021 Talon R
3 Posts
There are a bunch of openings under both seats in the 2 seat Talon, I taped mine shut.
Behind passenger seat before tape, looking rearward. These openings are directly in front of the exhaust header = HOT!!!

After tape. Don't miss the 4 openings behind the front seat bolts, they're aimed directly at the radiator and act like heat scoops. 👿 I used aluminum duct tape because that's what I had, the seat bottom covers most of it and style conscious I ain't. :cool:

It was a pain in the butt, dozens of tiny pieces. This was just one side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a bunch of openings under both seats in the 2 seat Talon, I taped mine shut.
Behind passenger seat before tape, looking rearward. These openings are directly in front of the exhaust header = HOT!!!

After tape. Don't miss the 4 openings behind the front seat bolts, they're aimed directly at the radiator and act like heat scoops. 👿 I used aluminum duct tape because that's what I had, the seat bottom covers most of it and style conscious I ain't. :cool:

It was a pain in the butt, dozens of tiny pieces. This was just one side.
Great idea. Thanks for the budget-friendly tip!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve got 2600 miles on mine and had very little heat issues (shifter area mostly) . But while under 18 mph my windshield stays open during summer months and no lower doors for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry about your experience. We have very little heat coming in....but I go fast, so wind tends to move heat away. Even slow, it hasn't been an issue. 4 Seater though. Maybe 2 seater has more of an issue. I may look at the Jeep shifter boot just for aesthetics and keeping water spray down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I get heat from the shifter area when idling, usually put a damp rag over the area .
I just installed the Jeep shifter boot today. We will see how much difference it makes next weekend. I also put heat tape on the underside of the cup holders. It was 110 degrees in the bottom of the cup holder before the tape, Ill remeasure the temp of that too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts