Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you should check your sub transmission's fluid level, checked mine when I got home and found no fluid on the dip stick, i had to add 26oz to get it up to the full mark on the dip stick, hope this helps some one else before any any major damage my occur

·
Registered
22 Posts
you should check your sub transmission's fluid level, checked mine when I got home and found no fluid on the dip stick, i had to add 26oz to get it up to the full mark on the dip stick, hope this helps some one else before any any major damage my occur
That really sucks because the dealer should be going through these with a fine tooth comb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought mine with 2 miles on it from the dealer. Only rode up the road for 8 miles. I Just started checking things getting familiar with things. I checked the sub transmission and it’s low. So is my coolant. I’ll call dealership and let them top them off. Going to have them top it off being it should have never left this way and so it’s documented should something go a rye.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought mine a month ago and had it in the shop for the same tho ! Dealer had no trans fluid in it. Drove it for about 20 miles or so until I checked the fluids.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my 1000R from Honda power sports of Troy in Ohio they did a walk around with a Honda check list and checked everything in front of me and had me Check it so I would know how to do it . And went through owners manual to show me when services needed to be done . How to use the owners manual and how it references different sections . . They sold me the unit with $1000 and free accessories and 20% off any accessories for as long as I own the machine .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just checked my sub-Trans level after riding 125 miles last weekend and dealing with a screaming transmission noise! No oil on the dip stick!! I bought my Talon from RideNow in Chandler AZ and had it shipped to me in WA. They charged me $688 for assembly which is supposed to include going through all the fluids etc! Not Happy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just checked my sub-Trans level after riding 125 miles last weekend and dealing with a screaming transmission noise! No oil on the dip stick!! I bought my Talon from RideNow in Chandler AZ and had it shipped to me in WA. They charged me $688 for assembly which is supposed to include going through all the fluids etc! Not Happy!
Ride Now... pay forever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My sub tranny was low 6-8oz. Getting mine late in the year let me get educated a little ok known issues.

Dealer drove it on trailer - I backed it off into garage and never ran it.

Went thru all the fluids and major nuts and bolts and only found the sub tranny low before taking out.

Anti-seized the spark arrestor bolts, they typically break off after a few good heat cycles and need to be re-tapped when checking the arrestor at first service. We will see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts