Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a letter from Honda about sub trans missing part? They said Honda would be mailing letters in April. Haven't seen any yet.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I understand Honda will send out the letters to specific owners if they need to bring in their Talon -- that is according to my dealer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
When you go to your dealer for service, or call them and ask, it's an inspection of the parking gear pin. I just had mine done, the pin was installed. I also had them replace on warranty a leaking rear shock.

·
Registered
2020 Honda 1000R Talon
16 Posts
Bought mine and week later dealer call informing me of required sub trans inspection. Took it to them 45 minutes to complete. All was good.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
OK, I did not get a letter but when I took my Talon in today the dealer said there was a recall on it to inspect the parking gear pin. I did call my dealer and asked about that recall last month and the answer was if no letter then no worries. Not the case it seams.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got a letter today. Must not be of high priority since it took so long.

Has anyone been required to do sub trans bushing replacement yet due to missing part? Have not read anywhere that anyone had missing part.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Had my 1nspection a week ago and the letter from Honda came today. Mine was OK. I think there may be only a small number that were missed during assembly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since it stats parking will not hold I would think it could be checked just seeing if machine can be moved in park.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you go to your dealer for service, or call them and ask, it's an inspection of the parking gear pin. I just had mine done, the pin was installed. I also had them replace on warranty a leaking rear shock.
put unit on a hill put in park if it holds its good

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hauled mine in park just to see if it held and it did,,, Im not wasting my day taking it in, besides they will change the trani oil and I just put in some 20.00 a qt oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So from my understanding, it's not that it won't stay in park if you don't have the collar It's that it can slip out of park without the collar.... I may be wrong with that but that's what I thought I was told.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just dropped my 2019 R off at dealer for the left front axle seal. I was informed about the recall on the pin and they are doing that as well. Never caused me any issue glad they gave me heads up on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts