Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading more and more people are having the sub-transmission fail (mostly low gear or reverse) but Honda is not hearing about alot of them because guys fix them their selves or pay to have it done because they are out of warranty, some cases where warranty does not pay as they say it is abuse caused. I'm asking for anyone with this problem to call and let Honda know about it.

I talked to Honda today and they say they haven't heard much about this. My dealer says they have repaired 5 but none under warranty. Honda said if they hear enough about the problem they will consider helping. Here is part of the email with the number:
Thank you for contacting American Honda Motor Co., Inc. We know how important your time is and will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience.

You may also reach us by phone at 1-866-784-1870. Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm PST. We are closed on holidays.

We strongly encourage customers to visit Recalls - Honda to check their VIN for any potential recalls. If your vehicle is affected, please visit an authorized Honda Powersports dealer as soon as possible. All safety recall repairs are made FREE of charge.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Do check with Honda and even if your problems are fixed call -- we need to wake them up to the problem. Far to many failures -- Honda needs address the problem. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do check with Honda and even if your problems are fixed call -- we need to wake them up to the problem. Far to many failures -- Honda needs address the problem. :)
I agree and that's why I'm trying to spread this on the forums. Honda said if they hear enough about the same problem they will start a campaign (not sure what that means but it sounds like a start). Thank you Blue Dog. By the way it's nice to see another Blue Talon, all my riding buddies are red. Here is the contact for Honda if anyone wants to tell them about issues:

You can call or message them.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I agree and that's why I'm trying to spread this on the forums. Honda said if they hear enough about the same problem they will start a campaign (not sure what that means but it sounds like a start). Thank you Blue Dog. By the way it's nice to see another Blue Talon, all my riding buddies are red. Here is the contact for Honda if anyone wants to tell them about issues:

You can call or message them.
Super Zwyken, do keep the good work up! Honda is very slow to respond but constant pressure will help. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you to everyone who has been involved in getting this started and getting the word out. I call the number to Honda that was posted today. Got the ball rolling on my 2021 Talon sub-transmission issues. 😁👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just FYI, Aegis powersports warranty did agree to fix the sub-transmission.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations, I wish that my dealership was as kind. No worries, there will be no reason for me to go back to them in the future. 😁👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts