Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Looking for some help troubleshooting the installation for the Honda sub harness in my 2020 Talon X4. I have installed the harness following the manufactures instructions and can not get the harness to get power to the accessories when the key power is on. I have power to the relay like it should and power to the accessories when the relay is jumpered. I have tried a new relay and double checked all of the connections. Has any one else had this issue with genuine Honda accessories? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't have that but trying to help here

-what part number is it?

-I am assuming this harness plugs into the spare blue aux power connector under the hood? or is this the harness that uses the aux cigarette port in the console and runs all the way back to the battery?

-any pics of your fuse block, etc. that is powering accessories

to be honest, that harness confuses me since Honda already ran aux control power up front and the winch wires up front to power accessories, etc........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for your replay, after further troubleshooting I found that the front 12v socket wasn’t getting power. I moved the power harness to the rear 12v and everything worked as it should? Now the wife has music I can find out why the front 12v socket doesn't have power. Also the harness are Honda parts and I’ve used them without issue on my 21X.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts