Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We gonna hit up Sturgis this year for rally and bring the Talon! Anyone been riding their Talons around there and can point me to some good trails? I'm looking for something challenging...not just cruising a dirt/gravel road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A couple years ago we rented some RZR’s from Black Hills rental 6 miles south of Deadwood of US 385 (I believe). There is a very large trail system just south of the business. There is a mix of trails and landscapes, from barely marked grass to very rocky terrain. The trails can take up to 3 days to go over all of it. A lot of elevation changes, Custer Peak is a highlight. There is a DNR lookout tower at the top. It was our first UTV experience and was a fantastic time! I’m sure you can find some challenging spots. Have a blast!

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! We are staying 2 night near Deadwood at Wild Bill's so we will check those areas out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We gonna hit up Sturgis this year for rally and bring the Talon! Anyone been riding their Talons around there and can point me to some good trails? I'm looking for something challenging...not just cruising a dirt/gravel road.
Pilot Knob area has some difficult trails. I highly recommend downloading the Forrest service maps to a device. Works without cell service and gps tracks your location.
Red Lake area is mostly closed due to tornado damage also.

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pilot Knob area has some difficult trails. I highly recommend downloading the Forrest service maps to a device. Works without cell service and gps tracks your location.
Red Lake area is mostly closed due to tornado damage also.
Thank you very much! I will be there this coming wknd and report back

·
Registered
76 Posts
we were there last weekend in car and deadwood was just as busy and normal. Saw a lot of people riding utv everywhere. We took side trip to Devils Tower and wait was 1/2 hour to get thru gate. Tourist Season plus now bike rally

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look at the Avenza maps app on your phone too. It uses GPS even when you dont have a cell phone signal. I have marked trails that I liked and ones that I didnt for future trips!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts