Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to adjust the crossover rings on my shocks. I wont the main spring to come in a little later to soften up the ride a little. I assume I move the crossover ring up 1/4 to 1/2 inch ?
I am prepared for several smart arse answers but would appreciate honest ones also.

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
It depends on where they are now. If they are close to coil bind, you won't be able to move them too much. You can move them all the way up just short of coil bind. You do not want the upper springs to bind, it can damage them. Here is how to determine the highest they can go...
  • Measure the upper coil diameter then times it by the number of turns on the spring. Upper and lower turns can count as 1/2 coils because they are usually smashed.
  • Subtract .500" and that is measurement from the upper spring perch (under the insulator) to the the bottom of the lower crossover ring where you will start to bind.
  • This is the absolute highest the crossovers can go and will cause (or be very close to) coil bind so lower them 2 turns from this measurement.
  • Put 2 wire ties on the springs in the middle opposite each other and keep an eye on them. If the wire ties break, you are binding so you will need to lower the crossovers.
  • Obviously, both rears need to be the same and both fronts need to be the same but you can be different front to rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts