Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten their machine street legal in Michigan since January 2020? Looking to see how the process goes with the Secretary of State.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone gotten their machine street legal in Michigan since January 2020? Looking to see how the process goes with the Secretary of State.
there is a facebook page dedicated to making UTV's street legal. Seems to be working out in most states.
I believe is called "street legal SXS's"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Search the forums, saw that you can register as a non resident in South Dakota, and get the utv road legal. Dirtlegal website charges an arm and a leg for work you can do yourself, or so I've read.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just finished the process and have mine street legal in Michigan. If you are on Facebook, search for Honda Talons of Michigan, we have the step by step instructions on the process, and it is a process... but it is well worth it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just finished the process and have mine street legal in Michigan. If you are on Facebook, search for Honda Talons of Michigan, we have the step by step instructions on the process, and it is a process... but it is well worth it!
I'm on the fence about it, sadly don't have FB though.

Can you tell me why/how it's worth it? In my mind for those times you have to hit a road, it's a safeguard, but the tires, wouldn't they get eaten up super fast. I'm really on the fence about going street legal. I was going to be using the SD route to make it road legal in PA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm on the fence about it, sadly don't have FB though.

Can you tell me why/how it's worth it? In my mind for those times you have to hit a road, it's a safeguard, but the tires, wouldn't they get eaten up super fast. I'm really on the fence about going street legal. I was going to be using the SD route to make it road legal in PA.
Where I mostly ride is Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Golden Township in Michigan. Golden township has rules that do not allow unlicensed vehicles to be operated on public roadways, and since I ride the dunes 95% of the time (until it was licensed) I had to trailer it to the dunes for every ride. On weekends that entailed getting parking lot vouchers on Friday, on Holidays the voucher center opens at 3am to get in line for vouchers to be handed out at 7am. Don't do that anymore, drive in whenever I feel like it, my truck doesn't sit in the dusty parking lot anymore so that is a huge benefit for me. Now we're able to drive down any local roads to get to all the seasonal and back roads, drive to the gas station, restaurant, where ever we'd like to go. You can drive on the shoulder of a lot of roads in northern Michigan @ 25mph, we can travel @ 55mph. I'm still exploring the benefits, but so far, for me it was well worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a place in Northern Michigan and it does suck doing 25mph. We also do UP trips in Michigan and we have a friend who's RZR is street legal and you can see the freedom he has in being able to drive it wherever he wants.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jeflow....I'll check it out for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts