Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, has anybody ridden at Stoney lonesome in Alabama. I live in TN and mostly ride at brimstone, royal blue, and the other TWRA lands. Not a huge fan of windrock. They allow rock bouncers and they just dig huge ruts and wind”rock” is literally just a giant rock. Well at least the trails I went on. I was trying to plan a fall ride and wanted some opinions on Stoney Lonesome. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 1000 X
33 Posts
Hey WalkingTall, I live about 20 mins pull from Stoney Lonesome so ride it often. The staff are awesome and the park has a lot to offer. You'll find plenty of mud, if you're into that. You can bite off all you want on rock climbs. You can enjoy easier trails - the main trail encompassing the park is easy, wooded. Just pick the cross trails that suit the type ride you're looking for and enjoy. FYI, it's alcohol free and they do check your cooler thanks to idiots and resulting law suits. Speed is limited given the terrain but there is a track if your into going fast. All size machines are allowed. They offer camp sites and cabins (where alcohol and pets are allowed) showers and buggy washing. At 1200 acres or so, It's not anywhere near the size of Windrock, Brimstone or Royal Blue. If doing a weeklong trip or longer bear in mind they are only open Thurs - Mon and don't allow night rides except for special events. Hope this ramble helps. Enjoy and be safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts