Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine came with Black rings, having them powder coated would cost more than just buying the blue, plus would have taken weeks to get done, and no guarantee they would match any better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are a little lighter shade but not bad
Thank you, it looks a bit lighter in the picture so wanted to make sure it wasn’t the lighting.
Mine came with Black rings, having them powder coated would cost more than just buying the blue, plus would have taken weeks to get done, and no guarantee they would match any better.
Thank you, appreciate your words of wosdome! I had my bumpers and nerf guards powder coated, match is almost perfect and only took a few days. I think I’ll get black rings and send them his way. I guess we are lucky to have a great powder coat guy!! Happy riding🙂

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would have done that as well but, what made it not worth it was they have to get the black off first, and that was what put the cost over the price of new. Sounds like you do have a better powder coater than i do. he is great, just custom work. Does all my hot rod stuff. He is just always so busy.
The pic of just the wheel is lighting, makes it look way worse than it is. maybe this is a better shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Also, being Aluminum, maybe a little concerned about warping when they blast them. I would probably chemical strip them before I took them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts