Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode hard last weekend and after the last trail it was very hard to turn left, not impossible but hard. I initially thought that i had bent a tie rod, but after removing and inspecting they are not bent. The splined shaft of the rack and pinion appears to be bent on the driver's side. The gap between the steering unit body and the rack shaft is noticeably larger on left side than the right. Also, when I have someone turn the wheel left or right the gap decreases as the rod recedes into the body. Lastly, I placed a straight edge along the extended rack, and I can see the ever so slight bend in it. So, my post is because I cannot find any info or videos on this subject. Also, I can't find anywhere to purchase any units. What aftermarket units are recommended, and lastly has anyone else had this issue? thank you for the help

·
Registered
295 Posts
I rode hard last weekend and after the last trail it was very hard to turn left, not impossible but hard. I initially thought that i had bent a tie rod, but after removing and inspecting they are not bent. The splined shaft of the rack and pinion appears to be bent on the driver's side. The gap between the steering unit body and the rack shaft is noticeably larger on left side than the right. Also, when I have someone turn the wheel left or right the gap decreases as the rod recedes into the body. Lastly, I placed a straight edge along the extended rack, and I can see the ever so slight bend in it. So, my post is because I cannot find any info or videos on this subject. Also, I can't find anywhere to purchase any units. What aftermarket units are recommended, and lastly has anyone else had this issue? thank you for the help
Non Live Valve there is the JSport and Hess Motorsport. For a Live Valve, Hess has one. These are all Billet and much stronger than OEM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
RB3 has the racks for both Live Valve and Standard, they manufacture them for Jsport and they are a bit cheaper. They make really nice stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts