Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a Super ATV flip up windshield on their talon with an SSV radio? I can't figure out if the half windshield and adjustment handle are going to interfere with the SSV radio controls.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't really tell..............here's a look at how the lower piece is going to sit. This is all the way closed.

It's going to be close. I was trying to figure out if someone else had done it before to keep from paying to send it back if it doesn't fit, but looks like I am going to take the gamble. Thanks for your help.

· Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone put a Super ATV flip up windshield on their talon with an SSV radio? I can't figure out if the half windshield and adjustment handle are going to interfere with the SSV radio controls.
I have and it’s excellent, it has 2 open positions that are ideal. I have had solid ones and the buggy gets too hot even with those two little slide vents.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How is the ssv system. I’m looking at them now trying to decide if worth them cash. Sound bars are expensive there self tho so haven’t made choice yet.
I am pleased with it so far. Definitely not top if the line speakers but they can always be swapped out if you want. I liked the fact that the display unit and wiring harness were made for the talon, so it all looks factory and installation wasn’t a pain. I’m 6’2” and the kick panels don’t interfere with my foot room either.

· Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the photo! I searched all over the internet and couldn't find one to confirm, so hopefully this will help someone else in the future.
You may want to rout the power through a rocker switch so it doesn’t cut of every time you turn the key off. I used crutch field for the navatlas roll bar speakers and used the rear output off the SSV system. I’m not a head banger anymore but the system jams. View attachment 2878

· Registered
129 Posts
Looks good. I’m not head banger but some toons be nice sometimes. Emp makes a mount for a jbl boom box. There supposed to sounds fantastic an have battery life of 24 hrs. I’m considering going that way be no wiring an simple.

· Registered
129 Posts
From looks of pics of there site tho it’s kinda rite in between the seats over the top bed so it would catch lot of mud an abuse tho. Haven’t even seen one in person tho but guy at electronic express said could get like 5 yr warranty cover whatever.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You may want to rout the power through a rocker switch so it doesn’t cut of every time you turn the key off. I used crutch field for the navatlas roll bar speakers and used the rear output off the SSV system. I’m not a head banger anymore but the system jams. View attachment 2878
What kind of mounts come with the navatlas? Are they rings that go around the roll bar? Do you remember where you got the plug that fits into the SSV amp rear connection?

· Registered
80 Posts
Yes
What kind of mounts come with the navatlas? Are they rings that go around the roll bar? Do you remember where you got the plug that fits into the SSV amp rear connection?
Yes roll bar rings. I cut the plugs once + and - terminals where marked and added speaker wire zipped tied up around the passenger side roll cage and spliced in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.