Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded my tires from factory 29" to 32" M2 evils. I wanted to have a lighter emergency spare. Can I use my front OEM 29" as spare? I have heard that it might trigger codes. I would only be using the spare to get me back to the trailer.

· Registered
2021 Talon R
20 Posts
Has anyone tried a rear receiver spare tire carrier? I am wondering if there would be too much pivot on the rear axles. I do a lot of rock crawling. I am looking at Hornet Outdoors:Hornet Outdoors - Polaris Ranger Utv Accessories, Polaris Ranger General And Yamaha Wolverine Cargo Racks, Polaris Ranger Crew Accessories
It's not the pivot over the rear axle that's the problem, it's the lever arm working against the hitch. I know how I drive mine and that would never last. Maybe if you tied it in to the bed higher up, it might be ok.

As stated above, you can't mix tire diameters, even to get back to the truck; you'll throw a code and have to clear it and I have no idea how that's done. For reference, the difference between a 28" and 32" tire's circumference is ~12" every revolution. If you do that on the rear, a locked axle, the smaller tire will be drug 12" every revolution. Do it on the front and the wheel speed sensors will throw a code.

Rearward mounted weight on a Talon makes the rear suspension work better. That's the reason I went with the expensive but very well made Dirt Road Fabrication bed extender/RotoPax carrier.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts