Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with a soundbar,
1. What kind did you get?
2. Did you mount on the front or rear of the roll cage?
3. Is it loud enough to hear at speeds 30+?
4. How hard was the install?

Thanks,
Pikester

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our 2019 we just acquired had a Powerbass XL-800 sound bar mounted on the front bar of the roll cage, it would not work there with the SuperATV windshield we installed so I moved it to the rear bar, much better there IMO, the mounts are Traveller brand from Tractor Supply, they came with the Talon but I looked them up, install was easy, had to remove the roof to get it where I wanted it (behind our heads). I routed the wiring beside the driver side tube and into the cavity (removed the lower panel and zip tied it through there) and up into the front bay, I wired it direct to an auxiliary battery on a PBR battery tray, it and the rock lights are on the auxiliary with a True AM isolator, then I bought the remote and mounted it in the passenger side safety placard loacation with a custom insert from Crossroads3D.com (2-7/16” hole), ran the wiring down the passenger side tube same just like the other side.

We just got our 1000x 2 weeks ago, basically ripped out everything that the previous owner installed and started over, it had a winch, led light bar and the speaker bar, we added rock lights so everything besides the sound bar and rock lights is now wired as “switch on” using the XTC buss bar

Hope this helps, I can get you better pics or more info if needed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just installed my ecoxgesr last night, love it, very happy with it. Paid $400 bought it at Cabela's (other places were sold out).

Legit 15 min install, was super simple. The lights flash to the music or stay steady. Rear light bar also changes based on a color you choose.

I have a 21' 1000x-4 Live valve, mounted it to the rear bar facing inward towards cab.

Haven't rode with it yet outside of a small cruise around the property. It's plenty loud though and I don't see any issues with it. Waterproof too!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just installed my ecoxgesr last night, love it, very happy with it. Paid $400 bought it at Cabela's (other places were sold out).

Legit 15 min install, was super simple. The lights flash to the music or stay steady. Rear light bar also changes based on a color you choose.

I have a 21' 1000x-4 Live valve, mounted it to the rear bar facing inward towards cab.

Haven't rode with it yet outside of a small cruise around the property. It's plenty loud though and I don't see any issues with it. Waterproof too!

Nice looking set up! Please let me know how it sounds next ride at higher speeds.
Thanks.
I did the JBL u4100 and mounted it facing forward hanging from the rollbar above the seats, just like the above pictures. I hooked it up with the HHV Talon system that has the little controller above the stock gauges and the kickpanel speakers. You can crank it up to hear it when traveling, but with the engine noise, even stock, it’s not very clear with helmets on. I basically use it when we stop. I use the rugged radio system with headsets in the mountains, and helmet kits in the dunes.
Thanks Ticster. That seems to be the issue with most systems. They drown out at about 35-40 mph.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our 2019 we just acquired had a Powerbass XL-800 sound bar mounted on the front bar of the roll cage, it would not work there with the SuperATV windshield we installed so I moved it to the rear bar, much better there IMO, the mounts are Traveller brand from Tractor Supply, they came with the Talon but I looked them up, install was easy, had to remove the roof to get it where I wanted it (behind our heads). I routed the wiring beside the driver side tube and into the cavity (removed the lower panel and zip tied it through there) and up into the front bay, I wired it direct to an auxiliary battery on a PBR battery tray, it and the rock lights are on the auxiliary with a True AM isolator, then I bought the remote and mounted it in the passenger side safety placard loacation with a custom insert from Crossroads3D.com (2-7/16” hole), ran the wiring down the passenger side tube same just like the other side.

We just got our 1000x 2 weeks ago, basically ripped out everything that the previous owner installed and started over, it had a winch, led light bar and the speaker bar, we added rock lights so everything besides the sound bar and rock lights is now wired as “switch on” using the XTC buss bar

View attachment 2439

View attachment 2441

View attachment 2438

Did you install the buss bar?

View attachment 2439

View attachment 2441

View attachment 2438

Looks like a clean install! Did you install the buss bar?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice looking set up! Please let me know how it sounds next ride at higher speeds.
Thanks.

Thanks Ticster. That seems to be the issue with most systems. They drown out at about 35-40 mph.
We have a big ride planned Saturday, should be able to provide feedback then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.