Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The coolant weep??? line on the water pump drips a small amount of coolant maybe one drip after almost every ride. Is this something normal or do I need to get the coolant impeller seal changed? It look like the hose(weep line??? not sure of the proper nomenclature) is there to give a visible indication of a leak instead of allowing the leaking coolant to pass into the oil. Any input would be appreciated. The unit is a 2020 1000x-4 with just over 600 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
24 Posts
From the manual:

COOLING SYSTEM WATER PUMP 9-10 MECHANICAL SEAL INSPECTION Check the water pump breather hose [1] for signs of coolant leakage. NOTE: • A small amount of coolant weeping from the bleed hose is normal. • Make sure there is no continuous coolant leakage from the bleed hose while operating the engine. Replace the alternator cover as an assembly if necessary (page 13-4 ).

I noticed mine drip on occasion during the first 300 miles. Nothing since, should be okay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Udaman I appreciate the reply. I don't have a continuous stream but it does drip 1 drop after riding about 50% of the time. Seems more likely if I am driving fast on the field roads versus slow in low gear on wooded trails. Thanks again for you input much appreciated, I looked in the owner's manual(only manual I have and did not find anything concerning this) thanks for the reference and I will keep an eye on the line but I am not to concerned after your reply. Thanks again, and I think I will purchase a service manual(should have a while ago)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts