Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What skid plate is everyone using on the Talons, plastic or aluminum and which manufacturer do you like the best?

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
109 Posts
I went with the Honda accessories. It is HWMPE, slick, and slides over stuff pretty well. Aluminum skids I have had in the past, tend to gall and hang up on rocks and such.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
17 Posts
Super ATV’s poly skid plate is pretty awesome. I personally don’t recommend the aluminum ones. They dent and can hang more likely than the poly. The poly will kinda slide on rocks. It may peel some plastic off but it’s better than denting

·
Registered
10 Posts
We run the Ricochet Racing HDPE 3 piece belly skid with aluminum A-Arm and Trailing Arm Guards. We also run the full aluminum Rocker Skids from them as well. Coverage and protection is excellent, all parts fit nice and tight. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So my machine has a skid plate on it that came from the factory. How does this skid plate differ from the one Honda sells in the accessories catalogue? Mine looks identical to the one on the web site.

·
Vendor
267 Posts
So my machine has a skid plate on it that came from the factory. How does this skid plate differ from the one Honda sells in the accessories catalogue? Mine looks identical to the one on the web site.
The OEM "skid plate" is more of a skid mark. Not much protection there. You'll definitely want a 1/2" poly skid over the aluminum. Like above...you'll just slide right over everything. Shoot me a PM if you decide on ours. I'll get you the member discount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts