Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1000r and buddy got the 1000x I have 35” bkt and he has 33” bkt neither is snorkeled so we was riding I went in a deep hole over dash mine died but soon as it got on dry ground it fired right up with no issue he went through the hole and same thing only he fired his up while it was in the hole and drove it out checked all fluids filters and everything in both no water to be found in anything.....any input ????

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Be sure to check the front and rear differential fluid if gray replace it. Check lower transmission if gray or any doubt if water contamination replace fluids. Same with engine oil. There are several other vents that were probably underwater as well as the fan vent, also gas tank vent. If you are going to get that wet install a snorkel and vent all the lines high. Check often to make sure no water gets in. If you have evidence of water it may take three or four flushes to get all of it out but very important to do make sure all the water is displaced. If that ever happens again and the engine stalls, I recommend winching out of the water and pulling the plugs prior to starting or the engine can be damaged. Sounds like you were lucky this time. Drive safely and have fun. If you have portals change the fluids -- especially the rear portals. I know, water is fun to cross and always fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just curious to why it died and no water anywhere..... not what to check I done all that

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
They are not submarines -- look under drivers seat -- pull the rubber mat -- that is your ECU and all of the electronics. Hope you pulled all of the connections and filled with electrolytic grease and zip tied them -- if not I recommend you do that to all of your electrical connections before playing in the water again. Yup, there are a lot of electrical connections that you put underwater. No worries just do the mods.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
This is from a post I did quite a time ago:

If you are going to play in the water just get the Talon ready before you give it a bath. No worries but much easier to do when the machine is new and clean! Again an ounce of prevention … And sounds like you are having fun and the water can be addictive ! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you go into water above the exhaust the water makes back pressure and at idle the motor will snub out, you have to keep the idle up by keeping your foot on the gas which makes it hard to get out to hook a line at the same time,
Water can get into your gas tank threw the vent tube it just hooks into the frame like everything else ( the center frame under the dash you can reach it by removing the hood just behind the rubber splash guard)
I put a loop in mine with a filter on it to help keep the water out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts