Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding I bent my lower radius arm. Should I replace it with a stock arm or upgrade all 4 to aftermarket arms? Is this a common issue? I upgraded my tires last week and wonder if that caused the issue with the added traction.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Wow that was a hit. It looks like you hooked something. How much more do the tires weighs, not sure that is the problem as the bar is bent quite badly. If you do upgrade I recommend the 1.5 inch forward A Arms from SuperATV. In the rear I used CA products. I was definitely trying to gain more clearance for 35 inch tires. How did it happen, rut, hole, rock? Was it in a normal place you ride or something very different. The forward A Arms are definitely stronger but can break also. Surprised the hub stayed in one piece do check it for cracks. It is your decision but for the money difference I would at least upgrade the rear. Here is the link for the CA rear. and at least the high clearance radius rod. I bought the black out ones and they are very strong plus lifetime warranty so if you happen to brake another just your time to contact them and reinstall.https://catechusa.com/collections/honda-talon/products/honda-talon-suspension-upgrade-package

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and link. I wasn't driving at the time, so, as for how it happened is really unknown. The new tires aren't much heavier although they do provide a lot of additional side grip that the stock rubber didn't offer. Sliding and donuts require additional finesse without going up onto two wheels.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Ok, unless it is a family member I would not let that person back in the drivers seat. If a family member some training is in store. It may have been at high speed and if so lucky it did not flip. Below is the CA Tech warranty. For the front SuperATV.

Lifetime Warranty
What does a "Lifetime Warranty" mean to you? To us it means for as long as you own the part we put our hard work and know how into, we bet you can't break it. And if you do, we'll replace it. No Questions Asked.
Let me break it down real nice and easy like.
LIFE
/līf/ noun - amount of time something serves a useful purpose.
TIME
/tīm/ noun - the continuation of existence and events for all things.
WAR
/wôr/ noun - state of competition, conflict or hostility between different groups.
RANT
/rant/ verb - speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.
Y
/wī/ noun - the twenty-fifth letter of the alphabet.

What it means to us is for the amount of time our parts are useful to you along with the continuation of the existence of the vehicle in-which you installed the parts, even if used in a state of hostile competition we guarantee it will function as intended or CA Tech USA will replace that downright unworthy part at no charge to you. Why? Because we don't want to hear you rant, rave or bitch about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Absolutely upgrade the lower radius arms. I bent one when I easily bumped into a small stump at 15 miles on my odometer. They are so long that they bend extremely easily. I upgraded my lower radius arms and lower front a-arms to L&W high clearance versions and they have been flawless for over 650 miles of hard trail riding with big rocks. L&W has quick shipping and they are made in the USA. Highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you want to ride while you wait for the new radius rods to arrive you can use a shop press to straighten that out. I pressed my bent rod with a 12 ton shop press and rode on it for a couple of weeks without issue until my new ones came. I have my old rods if you wanna buy or borrow them. They are from my X4 LV though so they are orange. Contact me if you need them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to ride while you wait for the new radius rods to arrive you can use a shop press to straighten that out. I pressed my bent rod with a 12 ton shop press and rode on it for a couple of weeks without issue until my new ones came. I have my old rods if you wanna buy or borrow them. They are from my X4 LV though so they are orange. Contact me if you need them.
Thanks for the information!

·
Vendor
222 Posts
Definitely go aftermarket. The stock ones fold up easy. We have a couple options to choose from. Hit me up if you're interested and I'll get you the member discount. Here's a link to 2 styles for your X width. Both have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also bent my lower radius rod this past weekend. 😩😩. Gonna only order the lower until I just have to order the upper. Guess I’m a elcheapo....lol

·
Vendor
222 Posts
I also bent my lower radius rod this past weekend. 😩😩. Gonna only order the lower until I just have to order the upper. Guess I’m a elcheapo....lol
Lol! Just bite the bullet an get some good ones. Do it once and never have to worry again.

·
Vendor
222 Posts
Lol! Just bite the bullet an get some good ones. Do it once and never have to worry again.
I just realized I missed a great opportunity to say something witty here. 🤦‍♂️

Just bite the bullet and buy the billet! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Corny...I know. I'm a nerd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried the Super Atv steel radius arms. There was powder coating over rust. So I put a professional paint job on them, cause that's what I do! Then the outer bushings did not fit the studs at the hubs. They sent new bushings and still did not fit. Ended up returning them. Maybe they would sell you the matching red ones! Spend a little more and get USA made.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I think SuperATV makes the parts they sell here in their in the USA. In any case, looks like they took the part back without any issues even after you painted them. Curious if you have pictures please send them.

·
Vendor
222 Posts
I tried the Super Atv steel radius arms. There was powder coating over rust. So I put a professional paint job on them, cause that's what I do! Then the outer bushings did not fit the studs at the hubs. They sent new bushings and still did not fit. Ended up returning them. Maybe they would sell you the matching red ones! Spend a little more and get USA made.
That's nuts man. Sorry for the hassle. We sell a TON of these with great results, so I have no idea what happened here. Sorry for all that. Flukes happen, and it sucks when you're the dude. Glad we got you all sorted out in the end.

·
Vendor
222 Posts
Super ATV why no extra clearance in your rods? Just making them stronger is only half of the solution.
Hey! We'll have some. They just got delayed. First prototype wanted to hit the muffler, so we scrapped it and we're starting over. Just got pushed back along with a bunch of other crap. Stupid Covid...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts