Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone have any used Shock Therapy springs for sale to get rid of the rear bucking? Do they raise the machine height? i have about 1/2" until the roof hits the roof of my enclosed trailer. Thank you, Tom

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x4
27 Posts
Not sure but I dont think changing just the springs will solve the bucking issue. But if it does let us know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with the Eibach spring kit, changing both springs on all four shocks. It does raise the ride height by about 1-1/2”. However I think you can adjust that by reducing the preload.
With the new springs and the shocks set at #1 dampening it rides wonderful for trail riding, rock crawling, etc. If I’m going to the dunes, or faster riding I’ll turn the dampening adjustment up to #2, or #3, depending on how fast I’m going.
By far best bang for my buck on any of the mods I made.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I actually ordered the Weller Racing complete spring kit. I will let everyone know how they work out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello, does anyone have any used Shock Therapy springs for sale to get rid of the rear bucking? Do they raise the machine height? i have about 1/2" until the roof hits the roof of my enclosed trailer. Thank you, Tom View attachment 1189
I doubt anyone is going to get rid of there new Upgraded Shocks and go back to Stock, it’s by far the best mod you can do on a Talon. Maybe someone out there has wreaked their Talon? Other than that just make the change I guarantee you will like it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes the bucking is drastically reduced but you will have to install limit straps on the front after you install springs. Yes the ride height is almost 1 1/2 inch difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I doubt anyone is going to get rid of there new Upgraded Shocks and go back to Stock, it’s by far the best mod you can do on a Talon. Maybe someone out there has wreaked their Talon? Other than that just make the change I guarantee you will like it!
I just made an appointment to have my TalonR shocks revalved and resprung, and I am very excited!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Be ready to strap your front end when they are done. They don’t make a lot yet. I made my own. You will see a big difference in ride quality

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello, does anyone have any used Shock Therapy springs for sale to get rid of the rear bucking? Do they raise the machine height? i have about 1/2" until the roof hits the roof of my enclosed trailer. Thank you, Tom View attachment 1189
I don’t have any for sale, but will add to what others have said. The Shock Therapy Ride Improvement treatment (springs and revalved shocks) is the only reason I still have my Talon X. I had them set up for rough rocky mountain trail riding which is 90% of what I do and the difference from stock is amazing. I’m sprung too soft for burnin the whoops and racing on a track, but that’s not how I ride. She leans more in the corners now, but I don’t pee blood after a day on the rocky trails like the factory rebar shocks will do for you! Spendy, yes, but the best upgrade you can do for the X, and at the top of the list for an R!
I gained about 1.5” in height which now gives me about .75” clearance into my cargo trailer’

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply. i ended up buying Weller Racing springs. It totally changed the way it rides. i love it now...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don’t have any for sale, but will add to what others have said. The Shock Therapy Ride Improvement treatment (springs and revalved shocks) is the only reason I still have my Talon X. I had them set up for rough rocky mountain trail riding which is 90% of what I do and the difference from stock is amazing. I’m sprung too soft for burnin the whoops and racing on a track, but that’s not how I ride. She leans more in the corners now, but I don’t pee blood after a day on the rocky trails like the factory rebar shocks will do for you! Spendy, yes, but the best upgrade you can do for the X, and at the top of the list for an R!
I gained about 1.5” in height which now gives me about .75” clearance into my cargo trailer’
what does it cost to get it done if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
120 Posts
what does it cost to get it done if you don't mind me asking.
About $1500 for the full works. Not inexpensive, but worth it if you can swing it financially. Be prepared to answer a bunch of questions about how/where you ride, options and equipment on your buggy, weight of driver and passenger etc. they take all that into consideration when determining your springs and valving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
About $1500 for the full works. Not inexpensive, but worth it if you can swing it financially. Be prepared to answer a bunch of questions about how/where you ride, options and equipment on your buggy, weight of driver and passenger etc. they take all that into consideration when determining your springs and valving.
did you take your talon it to get it done or did you just send in your shocks? I live in Az so shock therapy is local to me.I also have the live valve can it still be done?

·
Registered
12 Posts
also I love your hood decal where did you get it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
did you take your talon it to get it done or did you just send in your shocks? I live in Az so shock therapy is local to me.I also have the live valve can it still be done?
I live in WA, so I pulled mine off and sent them in. I think the guy from Deranged Off Road just did a YouTube video on the before and after Shock Therapy upgrade on his 4 seater Live Wire, so I know it can be done. You might want to do a search for that YouTube. He seemed very happy with his results.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts