Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for three months for them to finally get a set up for a X-2 Live Valve. Each time I talk with them they are 2 weeks out, 2 weeks out, 2 weeks out. Finally they say they have it, and the appointments even to bring in the shocks off the car are out until middle of June, too late to really ride here in Arizona, too hot.

They make no effort whatsoever to address the issue of them taking 3 months longer then promised to get the set up, and won't budge on an earlier appointment. Then the supervisor (JT) said it would be out of his pocket to schedule an extra appointment...I know for a fact another person on this forum was in a similar situation with them and got in in a few days. Every business holds appointments in reserve for this type of situation...well every well run business.

So, I won't ever deal with them again, ever. And I recommended you avoid them too. As someone else once said to me on this forum, why would you take your business to someone who says your vehicle is a POS, but if you give me $2,000 I will fix. I now agree with him. Don't.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well, the owner did say one time on one of their 'live chat' programs on YouTube that the Honda Talon's engine and transmission were the best of anything out there, "hands down". But that being said, he also stated that the shocks needed a good tune up, especially the 2 seat Talons. And, he said that mounting the spare tire as far as possible to the rear would help better control the rear tendency to pitch in the the moguls, for what ever that is worth.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, the owner did say one time on one of their 'live chat' programs on YouTube that the Honda Talon's engine and transmission were the best of anything out there, "hands down". But that being said, he also stated that the shocks needed a good tune up, especially the 2 seat Talons. And, he said that mounting the spare tire as far as possible to the rear would help better control the rear tendency to pitch in the the moguls, for what ever that is worth.
Remember: The spare tire way off the back is one companies theory. Double E Racing would have you relocate that spare tire before wanting to do your suspension. As I said in another post. If you pick one company for Springs etc. Stick with them as the next guy might want a different spring set up for his valving to work. They all achieve great results differently.

AZTalonX hope you find a company that you like and can get you the ride you are looking for to enjoy your Honda Talon to the fullest.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have been waiting for three months for them to finally get a set up for a X-2 Live Valve. Each time I talk with them they are 2 weeks out, 2 weeks out, 2 weeks out. Finally they say they have it, and the appointments even to bring in the shocks off the car are out until middle of June, too late to really ride here in Arizona, too hot.

They make no effort whatsoever to address the issue of them taking 3 months longer then promised to get the set up, and won't budge on an earlier appointment. Then the supervisor (JT) said it would be out of his pocket to schedule an extra appointment...I know for a fact another person on this forum was in a similar situation with them and got in in a few days. Every business holds appointments in reserve for this type of situation...well every well run business.

So, I won't ever deal with them again, ever. And I recommended you avoid them too. As someone else once said to me on this forum, why would you take your business to someone who says your vehicle is a POS, but if you give me $2,000 I will fix. I now agree with him. Don't.
G-Force Racing Technologies and Suspension has a LV setup (to my understanding)....I would bet money you would be happier with him over Shock Therapy anyway. Gary is really good.

·
Registered
16 Posts

They don't like honda I wouldn't ever buy crap from them!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
The head guy at Shock Therapy claims the Honda Talon geometry is all wrong. Someone needs to tell that to all the guys winning races, including the Baja 1000. LMAO

·
Registered
29 Posts

I have my 2021 X2 at G-Force as we speak they are doing complete tune-up on the suspension, will let you know how it turs out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have my 2021 X2 at G-Force as we speak they are doing complete tune-up on the suspension, will let you know how it turs out.
I would love to hear how that goes. I talked with G-Force earlier this week and they said they had one in the shop now! If you tell me good things, I will send my shocks to them :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
The head guy at Shock Therapy claims the Honda Talon geometry is all wrong. Someone needs to tell that to all the guys winning races, including the Baja 1000. LMAO
He was 54th overall, and won the UTV Unlimited class, with four other cars that DNF'd, not the UTV Forced Induction class. His time would have put him about 5th in Forced Induction. A very, very respectable finish, but he didn't "win" the Baja 1000.

·
Registered
166 Posts
He was 54th overall, and won the UTV Unlimited class, with four other cars that DNF'd, not the UTV Forced Induction class. His time would have put him about 5th in Forced Induction. A very, very respectable finish, but he didn't "win" the Baja 1000.
He is probably referring to RaceCo (I think) who did finish like firstish?? but had a penalty at a check point that most has said was a technicality that put him back....can't remember the whole story but that's close I think!) And if you go to any race place like Texaplex and the Talons are always hanging around at the top or on the podium. The Talon could do better in the whoops but it is a beast in the corners!! According to Shock Therapy (just for reference) they put the front end suspension geometery of the Talon in the top 3.

·
Registered
49 Posts
He is probably referring to RaceCo (I think) who did finish like firstish?? but had a penalty at a check point that most has said was a technicality that put him back....can't remember the whole story but that's close I think!) And if you go to any race place like Texaplex and the Talons are always hanging around at the top or on the podium. The Talon could do better in the whoops but it is a beast in the corners!! According to Shock Therapy (just for reference) they put the front end suspension geometery of the Talon in the top 3.
Aaah, I ass-umed it was the factory team, my bad. Yes, Raceco was in the NA class, and around 35th(?)overall.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Terrible service after sales. Once you take your car home you are on your own!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Fo what it's worth, just got a quote back from Elka for stage 3. $1375 Canadian $ so ....... $300 USD for a pair. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are pretty anti-Honda. I have a feeling honda doesnt give them any money, because they dont have to. So they dont do much work on the Hondas. Haters gonna hate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts