Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 R with Fox live valve and was thinking about buying some end caps with a schrader valve. However, after looking at the price for some I’m now thinking of doing my own.
I have a nitrogen tank with the schrader valve attachment and have done other shocks in the past.
The Talon uses a Fox shock that has a rubber needle valve that I have heard is prone to leaking. So I thought about removing the aluminum end cap then drill and tap it for a Fox high pressure schrader valve.
Anyone done this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 R with Fox live valve and was thinking about buying some end caps with a schrader valve. However, after looking at the price for some I’m now thinking of doing my own.
I have a nitrogen tank with the schrader valve attachment and have done other shocks in the past.
The Talon uses a Fox shock that has a rubber needle valve that I have heard is prone to leaking. So I thought about removing the aluminum end cap then drill and tap it for a Fox high pressure schrader valve.
Anyone done this?
Absolutely, just drill out the needle valve with a 1/16 bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I been thinking of doing the same thing ,
Don't see any reason that it would not work if the cap is aluminum you should be able to tap it . My biggest problem is finding some one with nitrogen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone done this?
Im having my shocks re-valved and Schrader valves added. That's exactly how they do it. Drill and tap[.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts