Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you get a set let me know how they work out and a comparison. The price is not bad and I am always on the look out for ways to make the ride better.
It probably won't be for a while, i only have ~150 miles and need to get it more set up with my bumpers and sliders (and possible roof rack) before getting it weighed and figuring out springs.

I was talking to a buddy who sells sxs parts and he recommended just replacing all the springs because stock springs on any machine are pretty much junk and will sag out quickly.

The $100 pair of springs from bandit is hard to beat though. For $100 you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd like to do the fox stage 3 upgrade, if 8t will work with our shocks. $550 retail per pair is bad for 3 way adjustment.

STAGE 3: DUAL-SPEED COMPRESSION, REBOUND, AND RACING PARTS
Upgrade to the same performance and features as our 2.0 Piggyback RC2 coil-over shock.
Includes DSC (see above), rebound adjustment, FOX high-flow racing piston, and valving set up.

Or, for my use, I'd love ori struts ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
So everything I have read says that the X model comes with 2.0 shocks. I was looking at mine yesterday and was thinking the rear definitely looked bigger. Looked at the front, definitely 2.0s, rears are 2.5s. What I can't confirm is if that is only for the 4 seaters or not. Maybe some one else can check their 2 seat x and confirm.

Also, I got a part number off of my rear tender springs.

Fox 039-00-503-8

Haven't had any luck on Google yet, but I will figure it out and get the specs. From there we can try longer and/or softer springs.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts