Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
What recommendations do you have for a phone holder the will work on our Talons?

Brand and Part number please!
I use a

SCOSCHE MAGDMB MagicMount Universal Magnetic Mount Holder ($11.99 on Amazon). A very powerful magnet holder that holds your phone via a thin steel plate (two sizes included) which you can either attach directly to the back of your phone or to either inside or outside of your phone case. Does not interfere with inductive charging on my Iphone8 with the plate at the bottom. The magnet is so strong it'll hold the phone through about anything. Very convenient way to use a GPS mapping app to navigate.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree, it would be more convenient to eye reference up higher, but it's a magnetic holder, and while I've never had the phone come off without me pulling it off the mount, I didn't want to chance it with the mount high, where the phone might exit the cockpit. Where it is, it would just fall down onto the center console or into the foot well. Iphones (and Garmins) are too expensive to bang around! Plus, the mount attaches with a sticky pad that works best on a flat surface. I'm sure you could work something for the roll bar with a bit of modification, but this way it's a 5 second p&p install. And if you are charging off the 12v port while driving, the wire isn't hanging down in the way. To each his own.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use a

SCOSCHE MAGDMB MagicMount Universal Magnetic Mount Holder ($11.99 on Amazon). A very powerful magnet holder that holds your phone via a thin steel plate (two sizes included) which you can either attach directly to the back of your phone or to either inside or outside of your phone case. Does not interfere with inductive charging on my Iphone8 with the plate at the bottom. The magnet is so strong it'll hold the phone through about anything. Very convenient way to use a GPS mapping app to navigate. View attachment 2115 View attachment 2115
I use this same mount but have it mounted up where I can use it for navigating. In 700 miles of use in the Talon the phone has never come loose. I use one in my Frontier and 4Runner as well. It's an excellent solution at a great price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.