Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My SATV windshield is in a mess. On our last trip to WV I had a (buddy) decide to clean it for me. I have know idean what he used. There is either a film on it or he's rubbed a coating off of it. The damage is just on the drivers side. I can see what looks like a jagged edge around it. like maybe a coating is coming off. I'm having to leave it open in the rain. Can't hardly see thru it when wet with rain. It wont really show up in a picture. Pretty sure I'm screwed. Anyway to maybe polish it back or something. Already had to chase the neighbors cat off. HELP

·
Vendor
267 Posts
Ouch, that sucks. If you decide you're going to need a new one, we can get you a little deal on just that piece. If you want to go that route, let me know before you call in and I'll get you the member discount on top of whatever we have to charge for the upper piece. Not sure what was used, but the hard coating is a liquid chemical applied to the windshield, so its possible whatever was used had some sort of chemical reaction.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch, that sucks. If you decide you're going to need a new one, we can get you a little deal on just that piece. If you want to go that route, let me know before you call in and I'll get you the member discount on top of whatever we have to charge for the upper piece. Not sure what was used, but the hard coating is a liquid chemical applied to the windshield, so its possible whatever was used had some sort of chemical reaction.
Thanks. I'll probably have to go that route. I'm thinking of doing something different with a wiper next. we're going street legal in in NC soon. Can you add a wiper to your flip ups? Can you shoot me cost? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. I'll probably have to go that route. I'm thinking of doing something different with a wiper next. we're going street legal in in NC soon. Can you add a wiper to your flip ups? Can you shoot me cost? Thanks
No, I wouldn't advise installing a wiper on a plexiglass windshield. I think you'll have to buy a one-piece glass shield if you want a windshield wiper.

The instructions with both the SATV and Honda two-piece windshields advise buyers to use only a damp, soft cloth to clean. Apparently even wax or Windex will damage the coating.

·
Vendor
267 Posts
I don't really recommend adding a wiper to the windshield. If you wipe it when there's any mud or dirt on there, and can lead to some scratches over time. I know guys that have done it, but I still don't recommend it.

My personal preference........I put a bunch of layers of Pledge furniture polish on it. Spray it down, wipe it clean with a good microfiber towel, and repeat 3 or 4 times. It makes the rain bead up and the mud slides right off. You just reapply whenever you feel like you need to do it again. Just a couple times a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts