Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone came up with any different mounting ideas for a rugged radio and intercom. Like if a person already has the Honda switch plate with volt meter installed?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone came up with any different mounting ideas for a rugged radio and intercom. Like if a person already has the Honda switch plate with volt meter installed?

Thanks
Besides the fact I wanted a nice switch panel and voltmeter, I didn't want to cut up my dash to make a radio fit so I mounted my radio under the dash behind the steering wheel. This works fantastic because it gets set once and is out of the way.

Same thing with the intercom. It gets set once and is out of the way in the glove box.

Speaking of switch panels. I built my own using truly waterproof switches. The button switches on each side of the voltmeter are Pilot and CoPilot PTT switches for the 2-way radio.

Hopefully this gives you ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides the fact I wanted a nice switch panel and voltmeter, I didn't want to cut up my dash to make a radio fit so I mounted my radio under the dash behind the steering wheel. This works fantastic because it gets set once and is out of the way.

View attachment 1827

Same thing with the intercom. It gets set once and is out of the way in the glove box.

View attachment 1828

Speaking of switch panels. I built my own using truly waterproof switches. The button switches on each side of the voltmeter are Pilot and CoPilot PTT switches for the 2-way radio.

View attachment 1829

Hopefully this gives you ideas. How about that tablet mount?
Thanks for the ideas. How about that tablet mount?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the ideas. How about that tablet mount?
The Samsung 8" Tab A is in a Supcase case. The cradle is a RAM-HOL-TAB12U and the mount is a RAM-B-101U-A.

It has been working out very well. It is the ideal/natural location as driver and passenger have an excellent view, just like in our daily drivers. It also doubles as my backup camera screen.

btw, I am running Gaiagps. It works literally everywhere, even when there are no marked trails. It uses map layers so you can get the best view of the trail and/or terrain. It automatically syncs tablet with cell phone, desktop computer, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts