Honda Talon Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
is that the SG7000A 1/4 wave version that they say is 18.5" tall or the NR770HB 38" One? Which ever one, I assume you are happy with it? Do you use it mostly on UHF or VHF? I am using a fix I think 37" 1/2 wave now but like the fold over idea.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does any of you have any photos of the cut out area. I am installing my setup this weekend and not fond of cutting away blind so to speak.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Does any of you have any photos of the cut out area. I am installing my setup this weekend and not fond of cutting away blind so to speak.

Thanks in advance for the help.
No pics but I have installed 2. One old style and one new style. You will have to cut out most of the cubby hole. You can leave about 1" of it. Start by cutting the back half out and test fit. You will see right away just how much you have to remove.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just ordered the Rugged Radio 2-Person car to car radio and person to person intercom system with their carbon fiber Alpha Bass headphones, along with their Talon mounting face plate. Anyone have any experience with Rugged Radio or their system for the Talon? View attachment 225
Yes, I had a Yuma, Az Honda Dealer installed the same system, it was installed per the kit instructions, and I had excessive noise in the two way radio,(they suggested it sounded normal) wrong.... I paid another Honda dealer, Coyne in El Centro, to call rugged and re install the radio. Rugged suggested re route the wiring up from the lower frame to the upper roof frame bars, from rear to front.. Coyne said after paying $500.. the radio is better but still not great..possibly due to radio quality.. we installed a new noise filter and new antenna,,,still not perferct.. truth is I seldom use the two way radio and therefore not a big issue.. I do use the intercom and blue tooth music, with headsets, passengers can talk and it reduces engine noise.. plus Rugged's two radios take up less dash space. PCI Desert Race Radios are probably better quality but take up both dash storage spaces....I seldom use the two way talking radio to other vehicles, thus...I like Rugged Radio using less dash space..I am a pilot and knew something was not right with the first radio installation....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes, I had a Yuma, Az Honda Dealer installed the same system, it was installed per the kit instructions, and I had excessive noise in the two way radio,(they suggested it sounded normal) wrong.... I paid another Honda dealer, Coyne in El Centro, to call rugged and re install the radio. Rugged suggested re route the wiring up from the lower frame to the upper roof frame bars, from rear to front.. Coyne said after paying $500.. the radio is better but still not great..possibly due to radio quality.. we installed a new noise filter and new antenna,,,still not perferct.. truth is I seldom use the two way radio and therefore not a big issue.. I do use the intercom and blue tooth music, with headsets, passengers can talk and it reduces engine noise.. plus Rugged's two radios take up less dash space. PCI Desert Race Radios are probably better quality but take up both dash storage spaces....I seldom use the two way talking radio to other vehicles, thus...I like Rugged Radio using less dash space..I am a pilot and knew something was not right with the first radio installation....
It’s not usually the antenna. The most likely cause is the antenna plug that goes in the back of the radio. A quick test if you have a electronic tester is to see if it is shorted out. Very easy to screw up the plug when sodering it or assembling. Problem 2 is the power cable to radio needs to go directly to positive battery post. 3 rugged sells a noise filter that eliminates electrical noise in the power.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts