Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody installed or considering installing a rugged radio intercom / car to car system that already had the OEM switch plate assembly installed?
The OEM switch plate kit takes up the center console space that rugged radio normally recommends installing their components.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are multiple mounting options. None wuite as clean as the center console mounting plate, but they have other mounting systems. Call Rugged and talk to them, they’ll tell you what your options are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, you’d be better offer moving the switches.
Yeah, I got to looking at it and luckily the dealer couldn't get that part in before I picked the talon up anyway so I didn't get that installed. Thought it would make adding accessories easier, will be adding a winch, light bar / auxiliary lights etc. as I go. I am pretty good with basic mechanic stuff and have installed several winches and light bars on my ATVs but electrical is not my strong suit. I can do basic install following a diagram but don't feel comfortable splicing into wiring harnesses and things like that other than splicing into an ignition switch or something. Looking at some of the aftermarket vendors to see what they offer. Haven't seen much on this forum about that kind of stuff yet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, I got to looking at it and luckily the dealer couldn't get that part in before I picked the talon up anyway so I didn't get that installed. Thought it would make adding accessories easier, will be adding a winch, light bar / auxiliary lights etc. as I go. I am pretty good with basic mechanic stuff and have installed several winches and light bars on my ATVs but electrical is not my strong suit. I can do basic install following a diagram but don't feel comfortable splicing into wiring harnesses and things like that other than splicing into an ignition switch or something. Looking at some of the aftermarket vendors to see what they offer. Haven't seen much on this forum about that kind of stuff yet.
Yeah, i feel the same way. I had a outfit where I live, Just Money Motorsports, install the radio, wiring harness for street legal kit, fresh air pumper, off road lights and chase light. Here are where I mounted switches

1 - 6 of 6 Posts