Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya’ll, just purchased this light for our 2022 Talon 1000x4. It comes with a tiny little 3 way switch that controls the light bar between daytime running light and main lights. I am trying to figure out how to wire this to a standard Carson rocker switch. Any else out there have this light and already go through the motions of figuring this out?

· Registered
33 Posts
After looking at the instructions, I would hook it up the way they want. Do a voltage check on the connector that their switch goes into, find the common, then you can the jumper the other two ports with the common to see which one is the main light and which one is the daytime light You could then cut off the end of their switch and splice in the wires from the 3 position switch you want to use. As long as you find the common (-), your good to go. I don't like to splice wires, but if you have to, make sure to use a good heat shrink and either solder or crimp connecter.

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Kooch,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll provide an update here when I complete the install. Was waiting on a couple of parts and was able to connect with a RC rep on the wiring. Im installing an XTC power system and planning on making the connection directly to that once I have everything.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey Ya’ll, just purchased this light for our 2022 Talon 1000x4. It comes with a tiny little 3 way switch that controls the light bar between daytime running light and main lights. I am trying to figure out how to wire this to a standard Carson rocker switch. Any else out there have this light and already go through the motions of figuring this out?
I took my 40” and cut the switch off and wired straight into a rocker switch in the dash, had worked perfectly.
But I also ran everything through a new fuse block!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took my 40” and cut the switch off and wired straight into a rocker switch in the dash, had worked perfectly.
But I also ran everything through a new fuse block!
Alright, to close this one out. Finally got some switches in the mail today. I’m wiring light to an XTC power system for the Talon. To that I ended up cutting off connector on the light bar cable (near the connection point). Inside of the main cable was a Black(ground), Red(lightbar), and Blue(daytime running light) cable. The XTC system made the connection easy with ground on the ground post, Red(lightbar) on the 30amp fuse on busbar, and ended up using a 20amp fuse for the Blue(daytime running light) wire. Easy as that and all works as it should.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts