Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the Talon and we are traveling from WI to Tucson AZ to do some desert riding. Anyone have any suggestions on some family trails to ride in Tucson?

·
Registered
133 Posts
You will want to trailer up toward Prescott, Flagstaff or the many other mountainous areas in AZ this time of year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
WOW riding in southern Az this time of year will be a real experience. You will be back on here reading the Talon interior is hot.
I have two RZR's and a Talon. They are all hot. Engine in back, radiator in front, coolant lines through the center tunnel...that means hot. But on those cooler mornings in AZ (especially Tucson) it is great to keep you warm!

BTW, about 45 min north of Tucson is Mammoth, the West Mammoth Loop is a great family ride, wide variety of terrain, from desert trails, to cool climbs to lookouts, and a really outstanding wash through a canyon and under a train trussell, Fun ride.

Across the road is Copper Creeking Mining trail, nice trail with lots of side trails to ride. The main trail says it is 20 miles one way on AllTrails but you can't make it past 12 miles, but plenty of riding for a full day.

An hour north of Tucson on AZ 79 is The Box canyon area, some of the best riding in AZ if you ask me. It is in Florence off Price Rd (very near where Country Thunder is held). A real canyon that is just wide enough for a SxS in some places, lots of trails, climbs, views, washes, and more. Great area.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have two RZR's and a Talon. They are all hot. Engine in back, radiator in front, coolant lines through the center tunnel...that means hot. But on those cooler mornings in AZ (especially Tucson) it is great to keep you warm!

BTW, about 45 min north of Tucson is Mammoth, the West Mammoth Loop is a great family ride, wide variety of terrain, from desert trails, to cool climbs to lookouts, and a really outstanding wash through a canyon and under a train trussell, Fun ride.

Across the road is Copper Creeking Mining trail, nice trail with lots of side trails to ride. The main trail says it is 20 miles one way on AllTrails but you can't make it past 12 miles, but plenty of riding for a full day.

An hour north of Tucson on AZ 79 is The Box canyon area, some of the best riding in AZ if you ask me. It is in Florence off Price Rd (very near where Country Thunder is held). A real canyon that is just wide enough for a SxS in some places, lots of trails, climbs, views, washes, and more. Great area.
BTW this was taken on the Mammoth West Loop. Explore West Mammoth Loop Track | AllTrails

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up the Talon and we are traveling from WI to Tucson AZ to do some desert riding. Anyone have any suggestions on some family trails to ride in Tucson?
We live north of Tucson. There's a City called Mammoth that connects to Bureau of Land Management (BLM) trails. Also, there are some trails north of Phoenix that is BLM property. Watch for cows! All family freindly we never had an issue when renting razors up there.
I just joined the forum waiting on my Talon 1000-4 to be delivered in June:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts