Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be moving to the middle of sc and am looking for info on the riding options. I'm moving from the Phoenix area and am spoiled as the riding here is great. My machine is a 2020 talon r.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
41 Posts
I'll be moving to the middle of sc and am looking for info on the riding options. I'm moving from the Phoenix area and am spoiled as the riding here is great. My machine is a 2020 talon r.
Well if you’re close enough then don’t forget Tennessee. We’ve got some pretty great places. Royal Blue, Sundquist, Brinstone, Windrock, and more. Those are the major ones though. I’ve ridden them all multiple times and each one has a little something different to offer. Im partial
to Royal Blue/Sundquist (TWRA Lands) and brimstone. Wimdrock was just rocks lol. If you like that then its a great place. but they are in east tennessee so i would say it would be less than an 8 hour drive for you

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't comment on SC. Southern WV offers the Hatfield &I McCoy Trail System which includes about six separate trails.

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good , I've seen u tube shots of this .Do you know of ny sxs clubs ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds good , I've seen u tube shots of this .Do you know of ny sxs clubs ?
I do not but there are probably thousands of UTV/ATV riders in the area. WV allows UTV/ATVs to be registered and driven on secondary highways and streets and some of the old small coal mining communities out to the west encourage riders to come off the trails and drive into their towns to use lodging, restaurants, gas station-convenience stores. I drive my Pioneer on the secondary highways out in that area some times and have seen hordes of mud covered buggies and riders assembled in gas stations on weekends. I don't know if they are official clubs or just groups of buddies riding but you could probably simply show up and join them. Check the small towns close to the H&MTs.

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what is nice about Az. You can ride on same roads as all other vehicles . You need horn, license plate light, headlights, breaklights, current plate tags , and DOT tires. If I'm only going 5-6 miles on roads I will ride thru town to mountains, or trails. I have never been stopped by cops. I'll miss this convenience.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is what is nice about Az. You can ride on same roads as all other vehicles . You need horn, license plate light, headlights, breaklights, current plate tags , and DOT tires. If I'm only going 5-6 miles on roads I will ride thru town to mountains, or trails. I have never been stopped by cops. I'll miss this convenience.
WV was the same prior to the legislature passing and the gov signing the bill allowing ATV registration. I think less than half of ATVs I see on the roads are legal but LEO ignore them.

Since WV, TN, & NC in this region now allow ATVs to be driven on the roads I wonder if SC will follow? SC may already look the other way.

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be nice if it happens . Thanks for the responce, and who knows , maybe we'll ride to gether .

·
Registered
1 Posts
A great place to ride in SC is Carolina Adventure World. Lots of trails and many are one-way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts