Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Studmuffin at least for this forum. I have a 2021 Honda Talon that I purchased a stainless steel shifter guide for. I am not familiar with the fastening buttons on the sides of the center console. Could some help explain how to remove these. Also the shift knob, they said it just pulls straight off, is this correct? I have been a Can-Am guy for years. So excited to finally get 2 new Talons. Thank yo in advance.

Premium Member
馃槑
Welcome to the forum studmuffin, the shifter does pull straight up and it takes a considerable amount of force to pull it off. As for the plastic buttons there is a small indent on one side and you can slide a small flat screwddriver in the slot and start wedging it up then grab with your hand and wiggle it out. A better technique is to get a tool designed especially for it: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-35260-Plastic-Fastener-Remover/dp/B0002SRCMO -- just one example any tool store should have them. Also good to get a handfull of pushpins you will need them. Reds Off Road is a good business and they have push pins for sale: $12.50 for 50 I normally get two bags. 馃槑

Red's Off-Road
8905 Hastings Boulevard, Hastings, Florida 32145, United States
(904) 347-1335

Super folks and they are a reseller for all SuperATV parts as well. Where I purchase brass brake pads and they did my Internal Gear Reduction. Highly recommend them.

Do send pictures of your ride and the places you like to go. Ride safely and have a ball with your new Talon. 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These aren't push pins, I'll get as pic of them for the forum. The 2021 model may be different. I have a boat load of pushpins and the tools. They are almost flush with the plastic of the center consol. The rear of the console has push pins but not towards the front of the consol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they look plastic with a small circle in the middle. I know I can get them out, but can they be re-used? . No fixture head what so ever. Pushpins as so easy to remove, I thought I have seen every type of fastener possible. That comes with age. Been on cycles all my life, raced most of my life. Just stumped

Registered
The back one on each side you take a small screw driver and pop the center up. I the rest you use that same small screw driver or a small punch and push the center in. Then pop the entire thing out.

The couling with come off by putting it into neutral.

Before re installing push from the bottom up in the center and push the pin back out. Put the pin in the hole and push the center back flat. On the back two. Push the center in almost flat also.

Hope you enjoy your new Honda Talon. Have a great weekend and GOD Bless

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The back one on each side you take a small screw driver and pop the center up. I the rest you use that same small screw driver or a small punch and push the center in. Then pop the entire thing out.

The couling with come off by putting it into neutral.

Before re installing push from the bottom up in the center and push the pin back out. Put the pin in the hole and push the center back flat. On the back two. Push the center in almost flat also.

Hope you enjoy your new Honda Talon. Have a great weekend and GOD Bless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts