Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a solid poly rear window. I have folding front windshield but fully closed I get some dust inside (not near as bad with it partial open) and a lot of dust on the tool box area. I am wondering if anyone has ever drilled 1/4" holes in a solid rear window and if it helped break the vacuum? Or possibly tried the mesh type rear window?

looking for ideas

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
108 Posts
I have a solid poly rear window. I have folding front windshield but fully closed I get some dust inside (not near as bad with it partial open) and a lot of dust on the tool box area. I am wondering if anyone has ever drilled 1/4" holes in a solid rear window and if it helped break the vacuum? Or possibly tried the mesh type rear window? Looking for ideas.

Leave the rear window as it is, because if you make holes in it, the dust you are collecting in the toolbox area will come right in through them. I have had rear windshields both ways, and the one without any vents or holes works best for me. I also have a two piece front windshield that opens up, if One wants it that way. I usually leave it partially open because, again, under certain circumstances it works the best. I ride in AZ and it is very silty and dusty everywhere I go. I have the most trouble with dust coming in from the wheel well area and the hole where the shifter is. Mind you, I rarely ride behind others who kick up dust that comes in from everywhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts