Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bring it to the dealership that I purchased from, the service technicians hear the clanking noise. Goes in for warranty, tech tears the rear and apart finds nothing wrong and puts it back together . now says I might have to pay for the diagnosis. Why would I have to pay for diagnosis for something they can't find that they definitely heard? Anybody else have this issue with clunking in their rear and while and 4 wheel drive ? So frustrated. Been without it for weeks so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I bring it to the dealership that I purchased from, the service technicians hear the clanking noise. Goes in for warranty, tech tears the rear and apart finds nothing wrong and puts it back together . now says I might have to pay for the diagnosis. Why would I have to pay for diagnosis for something they can't find that they definitely heard? Anybody else have this issue with clunking in their rear and while and 4 wheel drive ? So frustrated. Been without it for weeks so far.
call me 315-727-7758 steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have noticed the same thing on my 2020 Talon X. When I first brought it home, I was testing the hill hold feature. When I stepped on the gas there was a loud clunk as soon as it started forward. At first, I thought it might have something to do with the hill hold releasing. I tried to simulate it again, but it did not do it. I never hear it again until yesterday. I started it cold put it in forward and as soon as it started forward there was this loud clunk again. This Talon has less than 10 miles on it never been on a trail yet. It sounded to me like the transmission was in the wrong gear and as soon as I started forward it had to down shift. But this was not the normal shift click this was a loud very noticeable Clunk. The sound makes me nervous. I called my dealer and talked to tech support. They checked the Honda web site and there was nothing mentioned. If anyone else experiences this or knows what it is please let me know.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Any updates are appreciated. I have 700 miles and no problems changed the front and rear diff fluids (From Dealer) and have had no problems. Keep us updated on outcome.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts