Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mine just replaces the OEM wiring, plugs into the original fan plug and the aux plug near the power steering and the fans. It also uses a relay and also connections to the battery and ground. There is no tap that I plugged into.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
any update on the the wiring schematic for the fan? I have the switch and everything mounted, i just need to know where to tap into the factory harness at to activate the fan. Thanks, Tom
Check with Hess Motorsports they offer a fan bypass for the OEM radiator and they may have a schematic for you. My wiring does not use a tap, it replaces most of the wiring and simply plugs into the fan plug, aux connector, battery, ground, three fans and also has a relay and switch. The harness I have will not work for the OEM fan.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
After several months of riding with this mod, It is exactly what I needed for the mud I was riding in, never have to worry about clogging the radiator! I have moved to a different location without the deep mud and still think the relocation was the best option for me. Never once have I overheated and that was a problem before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After several months of riding with this mod, It is exactly what I needed for the mud I was riding in, never have to worry about clogging the radiator! I have moved to a different location without the deep mud and still think the relocation was the best option for me. Never once have I overheated and that was a problem before.
Great to hear. I am hoping to hear back from Hess today on relocate kit availability but wanted to ask if this 3-fan / lower profile radiator is what they provided or was it something you had to tweak? Also, just want to confirm what alteration/adjustments (if any) had to be made to keep the snorkel - as my dealer thought it would have to be removed...

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The radiator and three fans were part of the kit. The input and output were cut off and moved to the other side of the radiator and a blank put in their place. The Snorkel did fit but I suggested a dimple in the radiator support bar to give it enough room to move. Mine has no room at all to move, but so far is working well, it is on a tiny angle to make it fit with the bar. I built the bracket for the existing plastic radiator tank and found the blue hoses to extend the overflow. This was the first prototype and it was vary well made. My support bar was not powder coated to save delivery time. I am very pleased with the outcome. The electrical connections worked with very little modification and comes with a switch to override (turn it on) as well. Very pleased with the product and the company! :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts